Pacesetter Headers

Bigfoot

Ummm.....is that plug wire touching the header pipe?? You might want to get some socks on those

Actually just took a second look...they're not even close. Part of the boot is close, but that's it.

I've seen more issues with boots than without. Ran them, kept going through wires, pulled them off, no issues. Same with several friends.

I have stock mufflers...no NPP. Wish I had them though, but that would require plumbing the vacuum lines.

I have stock mufflers...no NPP. Wish I had them though, but that would require plumbing the vacuum lines.

The vacuum line is no big deal. If you run across a pair of Z06 mufflers, it'd work with your 2.5" pipes for less $ and you could cut the tips off (worth $40-50/pr) and dump the mufflers.

No, he said with the cats they couldn't get the x to work. Not sure why.

He also said in their experience it doesn't really matter HP wise.

Cut the tips off?

And are you sure they'd go to the 2.5" pipe?

If you want to use Z06 mufflers (that have a 3" pipe) on your car, you cut the 3" pipe off about 3/4" from the muffler. Then cut the 2.5" pipe off of your stock muffler as close to the muffler as possible. Insert the 2.5" pipe into the Z06 stub and weld in place. It's the lower cost solution to a bi-mode system. I did mine that way 7 years ago.

Since you sacrificed your OEM muffler to get the 2.5" pipe, then cut the tips off of those mufflers and sell them. They normally sell for $40-50. Junk the muffler.

Ya, I'm unhappy with no x pipe. HP be damned, it makes the car sound 10 times better. Bummer.

Other than that they seem to fit pretty well, and appear to be good quality. Pacesetter has always been known as a entry level company, but lately they seem to be stepping it up.

Actually Poppa, their primary business is manufacture for other companies. Don't know the brands they make for, but this set is for one of them.

Cut the tips off?

If you want to use Z06 mufflers (that have a 3" pipe) on your car, you cut the 3" pipe off about 3/4" from the muffler. Then cut the 2.5" pipe off of your stock muffler as close to the muffler as possible. Insert the 2.5" pipe into the Z06 stub and weld in place. It's the lower cost solution to a bi-mode system. I did mine that way 7 years ago.

Since you sacrificed your OEM muffler to get the 2.5" pipe, then cut the tips off of those mufflers and sell them. They normally sell for $40-50. Junk the muffler.

Did some looking on the big board. Every set of ZO6 mufflers I found were bi-mode.

Cut the tips off?

Did some looking on the big board. Every set of ZO6 mufflers I found were bi-mode.

All the mufflers that have the option of opening a second exit are called "bi-mode". NPP is not the name of mufflers, but only the RPO code for the bi-mode factory option. A Z06 had bi-mode mufflers as standard equipment and therefor had no option.

If you decide to do that or any aftermarket axle-back mufflers or CAI, hold off on the tune, so you only have to do it once. You can get your fan set to come on earlier at the same time. Your chances of running too lean with just headers in the meantime is slim. The $2 propped shroud trick is about 66% as effective as a $400 Vararam and has excellent filtration. Getting tuned in cool weather is a lot better, since timing is being pulled at anything over 86* IAT.

BTW, do you have any books written by Danika McKellar AKA Winnie Cooper?

Actually Poppa, their primary business is manufacture for other companies. Don't know the brands they make for, but this set is for one of them.

Hmm. Maybe then they built their own line to the lower end as to not compete with those they manufactured for...

Interesting. I didn't know that.

Cut the tips off?

All the mufflers that have the option of opening a second exit are called "bi-mode". NPP is not the name of mufflers, but only the RPO code for the bi-mode factory option. A Z06 had bi-mode mufflers as standard equipment and therefor had no option.

If you decide to do that or any aftermarket axle-back mufflers or CAI, hold off on the tune, so you only have to do it once. You can get your fan set to come on earlier at the same time. Your chances of running too lean with just headers in the meantime is slim. The $2 propped shroud trick is about 66% as effective as a $400 Vararam and has excellent filtration. Getting tuned in cool weather is a lot better, since timing is being pulled at anything over 86* IAT.

Nope on the Winnie Cooper books.

Car already had an Airaid CAI when I bought it.

I knew bi-mode and NPP were the same thing. Didn't know all ZO6 came that way. I thought going the ZO route I would avoid plumbing the system for it.

Cut the tips off?

Nope on the Winnie Cooper books.

Car already had an Airaid CAI when I bought it.

I knew bi-mode and NPP were the same thing. Didn't know all ZO6 came that way. I thought going the ZO route I would avoid plumbing the system for it.

Since your car was not OEM equipped with the NPP option, it has no vacuum source at the back to operate the muffler flaps. Plumbing consists of running a vacuum hose from the intake manifold to the mufflers, with some type of controller in between. (assuming you want to close them occasionally)

H-pipe just just as effective as an x-pipe in every test I've seen, just sounds a bit different. Some people like H pipe noise, some like x pipe noise.

With my stock mufflers, I still don't have a lot of sound. Ever so slight if a difference. :lol

H-pipe just just as effective as an x-pipe in every test I've seen, just sounds a bit different. Some people like H pipe noise, some like x pipe noise.

Agreed. I'm just a big fan of the "X" noise.