NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

“Toot ‘n Tell or Go to Hell”

LastC3

An elderly priest, speaking to his young new priest, said “It was a good idea to replace the first four pews with plush bucket theater seats. It worked like a charm. The front of the church is always filled!” The young priest nodded and the old priest continued, “And you told me adding a little more beat to the music would bring young people back to the church, so I supported you when you brought in that rock ‘n roll gospel choir. Now our services are consistently packed to the balcony!”

“Thank you Father,” answered the young priest. “I am pleased that you are open to the new ideas of the youth.”

“All of these ideas have been well and good,” said the elder priest, “but I’m afraid you’ve gone too far with the drive-thru confessional.”

“But Father,” protested the young priest, “my confessions and the donations have nearly doubled since I began that!”

“Yes,” replied the elderly priest, “and I appreciate that. But the flashing neon sign “Toot ‘n Tell or Go to Hell” CANNOT stay on the church roof.”