Any Guesses On New Tune #'s

SLAMMER

You can easily go up to 15 psi at 8.6-1 safely. On my old blower, I was cranking the impeller to 60,000 to get 16 psi on 8.8-1 and that was with the old tech in the 70's.

Holy crap. That is sadly low. Even a twin car shouldn't be that low.

Ysi I would shoot for 10-10.3:1. Even my 9.8:1 is low for centri standards. There is zero reason to go that low. I would be pulling heads right now and swapping them to the smallest chamber you can find.

Holy crap. That is sadly low. Even a twin car shouldn't be that low.

Ysi I would shoot for 10-10.3:1. Even my 9.8:1 is low for centri standards. There is zero reason to go that low. I would be pulling heads right now and swapping them to the smallest chamber you can find.

At 10.2 I blew a hole through the top of the combustion chamber. At 9.8 I blew through a piston. Forged were not available. I was already physically restricted on cam size and it was flat tappet too. Not a lot of choices back in the late 60's and early 70's. I did hold 3 National records with that car, so it's not like I was holding back a bunch.

Technology has come a long way. A lot more control of timing, fuel, and piston/cam/head design/etc.

Most vettes making decent power with centris are running low 10s. Talk to any of the big name fast shops.

Point is, 8.6:1 is way too low and motor should never have been built like that unless it was getting a carb and a flat tappet.

9.8:1 here and 24psi with a Ysi, no knock, never hurt a plug, no issues. Only ~18k miles on that setup so far.

Into trying to help him get a better performing car and a setup that makes power?

Just did a bone stock auto l99 car the other day, 12psi, made 660rwhp. TB to pan bone stock, never off the car, and that is an l99 motor, not a ls3 so starts less. No reason a Ysi built motor car should be <600, hell no reason it should be less than 900.

For a small cam, low compression build, I think the numbers look good.

I am not certain what SLAMMER's end power goals are (possibly 650?), I also do not know why nor who spec'ed the engine in the fashion that it was, but as long as he is happy, all's good in the 'hood.

Regardless, I am sure you can understand folks coming in here and critiquing something that he obviously has a lot of time and money into could be perceived as more than just helpful advice. Especially since the whole thing just started as a guess the numbers thread.

Let's all, myself included, hold the "things we would do differently" banter until that advice is asked for.

:cheers