Any Guesses On New Tune #'s

SLAMMER

Hope to be able to finalize my tune on my new engine build tomorrow.

I have;

1) bore/stroked LS2 (422 Cubic in.)

2) mild blower cam

3) YSI BLOWER

4) 3.125 pulley (conservative size)

5) single nozzle input methanol injection

6) stock heads and intake

7) headers, deleted cats, B&B fusion exhaust

UMMMMMM WHAT ELSE???

Ok! My guess is...............

680 rwhp 665 torque

I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA!!

Now excepting donations for SLAMMERS new transmission fund.

ITS NOT A QUESTION OF IF, BUT WHEN.

SLAMMER

joe@cpr.com

Stock lower pulley? What compression on the motor? Also what happened last time causing no completed dyno time? If stock lower I'll say 735 rwhp.

Stock lower pulley? What compression on the motor? Also what happened last time causing no completed dyno time? If stock lower I'll say 735 rwhp.

Yes, stock size lower pulley.

8.61:1 compression ratio

Had a electrical short (changed plugs & wire set)

SLAMMER

I'll take 700 even, so that Dean can pick 699 and Ted can have 701.

It's almost hard to believe it's that close to being done.

All those numbers seem WAY WAY WAY low.

Friends auto 408 Ysi car with a 3.0" pulley made 984/817. Would expect 3.125" to be ~50-60hp less, then we can throw in the -100hp for Arizona and I would still guess low 800s.

His 980rwhp setup was 3.0/8% OD lower, so take another 60-70hp off for 8% lower and mid 700s (including the arizona factor).

It could make 750-850rwhp, but with a stock 6l80 I wouldn't go over 650-670 if you want it to live any decent amount of time.

joe@cpr.com

Ya I think it'll land somewhere close to my guess with the pulley combo, big cubes mild cam (what are specs) stock heads seems like a bad mismatch of stuff. You have the cubes so no need to go small on the cam (doesn't have to be a monster though) as it'll still drive nice, especially with a stalled auto. Btw what size stall and who's stall? This will make or break the performance of this combo.

Ya I think it'll land somewhere close to my guess with the pulley combo, big cubes mild cam (what are specs) stock heads seems like a bad mismatch of stuff. You have the cubes so no need to go small on the cam (doesn't have to be a monster though) as it'll still drive nice, especially with a stalled auto. Btw what size stall and who's stall? This will make or break the performance of this combo.

2800 YANK anything more and it felt like I was driving a boat!

post-1350-0-57769600-1426774199_thumb.jp

SLAMMER

joe@cpr.com

Needs wwwayyyy more cam! That's small for a stock ls2. A quality circle D will drive nice and tight. You can control it to lock up early too so it drives super nice.

Hope to be able to finalize my tune on my new engine build tomorrow.

I have;

1) bore/stroked LS2 (422 Cubic in.)

2) mild blower cam

3) YSI BLOWER

4) 3.125 pulley (conservative size)

5) single nozzle input methanol injection

6) stock heads and intake

7) headers, deleted cats, B&B fusion exhaust

UMMMMMM WHAT ELSE???

Ok! My guess is...............

680 rwhp 665 torque

I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA!!

Now excepting donations for SLAMMERS new transmission fund.

ITS NOT A QUESTION OF IF, BUT WHEN.

SLAMMER

Let Cahd show you how to perform a nice smoky burn out :thumbs

Guest badbobs95

Friends auto 408 Ysi car with a 3.0" pulley made 984/817. Would expect 3.125" to be ~50-60hp less, then we can throw in the -100hp for Arizona and I would still guess low 800s.

His 980rwhp setup was 3.0/8% OD lower, so take another 60-70hp off for 8% lower and mid 700s (including the arizona factor).

It could make 750-850rwhp, but with a stock 6l80 I wouldn't go over 650-670 if you want it to live any decent amount of time.

I'm with Nick because he's just way too damn smart! I don't understand 3/4 of this shit! My three favorite words are "I DON'T KNOW" :at wits end: Keeps people's expectation nice and low. :crazyphil:

I'm with Nick because he's just way too damn smart! I don't understand 3/4 of this shit! My three favorite words are "I DON'T KNOW" :at wits end: Keeps people's expectation nice and low. :crazyphil:

Here's my educated guess: I give him 12-18 months before the engine blows up!

More than likely it will be limited by fuel or tranny. What fuel system? What injectors?

I'll change to 650rwhp just because of the tranny/cam/heads/etc. Motor/blower can do 1000+ no issue if it had a decent cam/heads and enough fuel. A 3.125 pulley is more than enough to make well into the 900s.

Motor won't blow in 12-18 months because transmission will explode far before that, and then motor won't be at risk because car will sit around waiting for a tranny so it should be safe would be my prediction.

OK well I had some tire spin and maybe so belt slip. I hoped in the trunk and wheel slip seemed better. Think the belt stretched a tiny bit and needs a bit of adjustment.
SO......
The engine only made 10 lbs of boost.
The pully is too large I'm told.
599.37 rwhp 537.94 torque
Was looking about 650 would make me and my trany happy.
I call A&A to decrease pulley size to gain 2-3 lbs of boost. That should put me around 640-660 rwhp.
SLAMMER

That's about what I had (599) with the other motor and smaller blower.

SLAMMER

I made 1018rwhp on a 3.125 pulley.

8 rib? No direct drive? Ysi are a bitch to spin. I wouldn't run one with anything besides a 10 rib DD if you want reliable belt setups. I went through more belts than I can count until I finally got my setup nailed down. Even if it last on dyno pull with a fresh belt, 2-3k miles it will slip, and ~4-5k miles, or a full 1/4 mile pass they snap. An 8 rib 3.125 won't hold in my experience, and throwing a 3.0 just makes it worse.

First step would be swap to an OD balancer, not smaller pulley. That pulley can make 900+rwhp on auto no issue. Just throwing a smaller pulley on it isn't the correct way to fix this.

Cam is way wrong for combo. Cubes are blah, but too later for that.

If I knew what you were doing I would have given you a stack of belts/pulleys/parts but I mailed them all to my friend in Canada that made 980rwhp through auto on his Ysi vette. They were just taking up room in my garage so I mailed him a 2.75, 2.85, 3.0, 3.125 and a stack of belts for them all since I swapped to a 10 rib and he is still 8 rib.

joe@cpr.com

A smaller pulley is not your solution, are you at least an 8 rib? A ysi w/ no direct drive is a bad setup and asking for slipping issues, still though even on 10 psi those numbers are super low. It's not a tune issue I know that, so what are the specs on the engine because on the low end a motor that size even w/ a super tiny came should easily hit 430-440 rwhp and 10 psi will jump you around 250'ish rwhp +/-. Is that thing super low compression??