The Vette addiction has begun (Lots of Pics)

Daltimaion

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daltimaion

• Unreal

• joe@cpr.com

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daltimaion

Just picked up a set of C5Z wheels. Selling the rears to my buddy for his C6Z. Planning on using the fronts for a set of drag radials that are also street friendly. I have been looking at Toyo Proxes TQ and Nitto NT05r. What do you guys think, or what are you running?

ET street 2s or ET street SS.

Anything else is blah IMO.

I agree. For dual street/strip use, MT is the only tire worth considering. If it's strip only, then go for Hoosiers.

Hoosiers work great at the track. I would also throw in the new ET street R for track use, or the 275pro.

I got 6k miles on my et street 2s. I thought they would be dead by now but these things just keep going. Still hook great too.

Daltimaion

Anyone have any experience with Toyo or Nitto? have read good things about both, The car will be mostly street with maybe a some drag and half mile events. Run Flats spin all the way through 2nd on the street.

Anyone have any experience with Toyo or Nitto? have read good things about both, The car will be mostly street with maybe a some drag and half mile events. Run Flats spin all the way through 2nd on the street.

I had NT05R's (345's) and they hooked all day long in my last C6Z. It was a H/C and N2O car. Think you'll be fine with those.

NT05R are ok. The MTs are SOOOO much better. 555Rs are junk for traction. Heard the toyo is more of a street tire. If they don't make the MT in a size you can use, then the NT05R are the 2nd choice, but there is no reason to use them if you can run the MTs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after much deliberation I ordered a set of NT05R's
wheels have been sent off to the prison to be powdercoated.

Hopefully itll all come together in a week or two. Also working on some sort of body widening in the semi-near future. in which case this wheel setup I'm putting together will be forsale lol

If you decide to go widebody kit and can't find used fenders prepainted.

talk to Joe at Classic Gold, he can get back reports for a killer price. And their painting is top-notch to

What size tires? And what size will you be running on the front? I hope you recognize the problems that can happen when the size ratio front to rear is too far from the OEM ratio.

I am aware. 275/40/17 shouldn't have any problems. Dawg, I'll definitely look into em if my current plans don't work out.

Tire diameter is almost identical

• 3 weeks later...

Got my C5Z wheels poweder coated gloss black and got my Nitto NT05r's installed. Looking forward to getting out to the track.

IMG_1553.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1554.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

ok, so i'm a little behind on this threat.  I just finished reading it and WOW  nice write up!   I'd like to do that to my headlights someday.

ok, so i'm a little behind on this threat.  I just finished reading it and WOW  nice write up!   I'd like to do that to my headlights someday.

Thank you sir. Worth every penny. Mike did a great job. Have some updates coming soon.

• 3 months later...

Ran the car at the track yesterday at Import Face off. Ran a 11.7 at 122mph. Got some room for improvement, but was alot of fun :)

• 7 months later...

Well I'll revive this thread with my 2006 Z06.
Added some Black Z06 badges and WCC Lowering Bolts.

Also got a set of 19/20 wheels
Hopefully get to start the real mods in a couple months

13724095_10154368470659496_2482300582084813010_o.jpg