Car shows

GOALNGO

Anybody else going to the Tempe Kiwanas Catch a Wave Car Show? Or, the Over the Hill Gang Show at Schnepf Farms?

The Tempe show is the 21st, the Schnepf show is the 28th.

Both are a really fun time!

I'm signed up for both....Hope other ACE people go !

Word has it... They won't be doing the Corvette show at the Catch-a-Wave show

within the show!

So for that reason... I'm out!

within the show!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's my understanding as well.

To be honost with ya, I haven't looked at the show listings for a while. But I will. If they aren't going to do the Vette show at Kiwanis then I won't both with that one either. I might see you at the Schnepf Farms one though. I will check tonight and see if I can get the day off before I commit though. Might do the Vette show in Chandler in April too.

Guest badbobs95

within the show!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You guys are smokin some bad dope! I just called Richard, the president of this show and he told me there will be a Corvette judging just like last year. So, no more excuses! :spinin:

within the show!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You guys are smokin some bad dope! I just called Richard, the president of this show and he told me there will be a Corvette judging just like last year. So, no more excuses! :spinin:

Not sure if that is correct. Yes, there is a "corvette" class in this show, but that is different from the "corvette show within a show" that has been held the last two years. The guy that has organized it both years is a member of Desert Corvette Association. He has organized and hosted the "corvette show within a show" both years and even rounded up the trophies. I know he sold his red C3 and I'm not sure if he has replaced it or not. So I just went onto the DCA website and looked at their events calendar. This show is not even posted on their calendar at all. The last two years he had a lot of info about the "corvette show within a show" posted there and he also contacted me to spread the word. So I'm not sure if the "corvette show within a show" will be going at all. You can however go and compete in the corvette class. If I hear anything to the contrary I'll post it up.

PS: here's the link to the thread about last years show: http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/topic/25351-catch-a-wave-car-show-on-32214/

Got March 28th and April 11th off so maybe see ya at one, maybe. Grandson is due sometime in April so will have to see how that date plays out.

Guest badbobs95

within the show!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not sure if that is correct. Yes, there is a "corvette" class in this show, but that is different from the "corvette show within a show" that has been held the last two years. The guy that has organized it both years is a member of Desert Corvette Association. He has organized and hosted the "corvette show within a show" both years and even rounded up the trophies. I know he sold his red C3 and I'm not sure if he has replaced it or not. So I just went onto the DCA website and looked at their events calendar. This show is not even posted on their calendar at all. The last two years he had a lot of info about the "corvette show within a show" posted there and he also contacted me to spread the word. So I'm not sure if the "corvette show within a show" will be going at all. You can however go and compete in the corvette class. If I hear anything to the contrary I'll post it up.

PS: here's the link to the thread about last years show: http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/topic/25351-catch-a-wave-car-show-on-32214/

Believe it or not, I don't think he would lie to me. He confirmed Chuck is not involved but things will go on without him. You can always call him ya know. 602 6944004, Richard

within the show!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Believe it or not, I don't think he would lie to me. He confirmed Chuck is not involved but things will go on without him. You can always call him ya know. 602 6944004, Richard

That's great. However, when I saw their flier (see below) and didn't hear from Chuck, I assumed there would not be a special show for the corvettes. Their flier certainly does not say anything about the "Corvette show within a show" so I assumed it would not occur. I therefore registered for another show that day. I hope they do continue with that special show and let others know about it in advance next year.

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/032115caw.pdf

Guest badbobs95

Richard is a nice guy but he's 76 and who knows? All I know is what he told me. I do like car shows on the grass. Much cooler than hot asphalt. Don't pick on me, I'm very sensitive you know. :LolLol:

Guest badbobs95

OK, Richard called me again. Since Chuck is no longer involved, somebody needs to take the rains. Here's how it would work. If we had 20 Corvettes signed up, they would refund $100 to go towards the Corvette trophies and we would judge the Corvettes separately ourselves. Kinda sounds like a pain in the ass since nothing is lined up as of now. I don't think we have 20 people here that enter car shows. Any input out there?

Glad you cleared that up! Haven't smoked dop.... Never mind.

I don't think they had twenty Vettes in the past years!

I think it's gunna take some real promotion to get that many.

I know MACE was geared up for this show and really disappointed when I heard it was a no go!

Especially myself!(defending two time Stock C5 Champion)

Do you think we could get twenty?

I'm game! But who's gunna take the reigns?

I'd be more than willing to help!

Guest badbobs95

Glad you cleared that up! Haven't smoked dop.... Never mind.

I don't think they had twenty Vettes in the past years!

I think it's gunna take some real promotion to get that many.

I know MACE was geared up for this show and really disappointed when I heard it was a no go!

Especially myself!(defending two time Stock C5 Champion)

Do you think we could get twenty?

I'm game! But who's gunna take the reigns?

I'd be more than willing to help!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You're correct, there weren't 20 Corvettes last year and Chuck did everything he could to build it up. I think it's a lost cause but then I never go to a show in hopes of winning a trophy. I love looking at the old cars. We can work on next years together and see what happens. This show is nice because of the grass. I still might go. I'm going to go to the Spring Classic in Queen Creek the 28th.

Okay, I've got 2 shows lined up that I'm going to register for. Sorry but the Kiwanis show I won't be able to do. I have never been to the Spring Classic that the Over The Hill gang puts on so I'm signing up for that one and the Corvettes In The Park show in Chandler on the 11th of April. So if anyone else is doing those shows I will most likely see ya there. That will be it for the spring shows for me I believe until fall or winter. Might take my car back to Nebraska in September but have to see what the gas prices are then before I commit to doing that one. Probably be on my own for that one since NOBODY in their right mind would want to drive that far for just a show besides me..... :lol

Okay, I've got 2 shows lined up that I'm going to register for. Sorry but the Kiwanis show I won't be able to do. I have never been to the Spring Classic that the Over The Hill gang puts on so I'm signing up for that one and the Corvettes In The Park show in Chandler on the 11th of April. So if anyone else is doing those shows I will most likely see ya there. That will be it for the spring shows for me I believe until fall or winter. Might take my car back to Nebraska in September but have to see what the gas prices are then before I commit to doing that one. Probably be on my own for that one since NOBODY in their right mind would want to drive that far for just a show besides me..... :lol

See you at the Corvettes in the Park show in April. No sense in coming in together since they park everyone by generation.

• 2 weeks later...

For those going to the Schnepf Farms show this Saturday, what time you going to be there? I have the day off and plan on going to this one. It says from 8 am until 3 pm. Is the 8 am the check in time or is it before that time?

To get a good spot you need to be there before 8! I'm hoping to be there around 7:15 or so. Hoping for a spot in the shade!

It will be good to see you, Mark!