The ACE race weekend starts this Friday

HOXXOH

Tons of places, tons of variety.

Are you referring to the beer... or the ladies?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• HOXXOH

• Sleezy E

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From 2015 NHRA Rule Book... Not sure exactly how to take this. Is it still up to Tech Inspector whether you need loop or not on C3s?

attachicon.gif2015 nhra rearend1.jpg

If you read the whole sentence Tom, it states "running 10.99 or quicker"

You fell for it! So, I'm good at a slow 11.00? :)

I didn't fall for it, I know your 3 or 4 seconds away from that rule. If you even go.... :lol

I didn't fall for it, I know your 3 or 4 seconds away from that rule. If you even go.... :lol

I guess you know nothing about CFI. :)

JLs Mistress

Just for fun..

In car video of a ride along in a 11 second Chevy II Nova.

https://youtu.be/-xHXjTQWxwM

That means you could be doing that in your 11sec car Bob . I would do a ride along with you anytime ,I can hold your coffee... :burnout

Just for fun..

In car video of a ride along in a 11 second Chevy II Nova.

https://youtu.be/-xHXjTQWxwM

That means you could be doing that in your 11sec car Bob . I would do a ride along with you anytime ,I can hold your coffee... :burnout

I’ll talk to you about it tomorrow night at 83rd ave.

I like my smoke shows. :)

Nope, running the slow mustang. Hopefully it can crack some 11s with the stall/suspenion as it was right there without it. Going to give it 1-2 more tries then probably sell the drag parts off the stang as urge to race it isn't there and picking up a new toy next weekend. Found a new hobby to get away from fast cars.

So did you run the Mustang last week or are you going this week?

I'm curious to how many people show up with the higher prices and also if they do a second track prep around 9 PM.

Also, if you managed to squeeze into the 11's.

• 3 weeks later...

Ran last night.

It was pretty damn good. DA wasn't great but there was only ~30 cars running. Hot lapped about 5 runs in a row, stopped, watched, did 5 more, stopped, did 5 more. By 9 there was no line. They reprepped around 8. No traction issues.

60's were 1.63-1.66 all night. Made 10+ 11 second passes. Didn't see a single vette all night. There was a bone stock hellcat auto, 800 miles on it running 12.0@121-122mph. Not bad for being stock on stock tires.

Sweet. I guess the price increase is keeping all the riffraffs away

Maybe they should raise the price again, since with only 30 cars they don't make enough to cover costs. :facepalm:

Lets hope it was just a slow night or they don't mind losing money. I went home around 9:30 making more passes than I ever have at a track, and at that point there was zero line. Can just pull up and run. Out of the cars running, several were booted for no helmets/etc and people go tired quick when you can make runs that fast. I had 5 runs in <20 minute period at one point.

They didn't want to let me run the mustang on hoosiers because of lack of extended lugs and driveshaft loop, but let me slide this time. Car is now retired unless we get a different track. Selling the wheels/tires as I'm not doing that stuff just to run there.

For everyone that loves to talk crap about mustangs, here are a few slips from my wife's 2012 GT auto. Tune, intake, tires, and some suspension work.

upload_-1.jpg

JLs Mistress

"For everyone that loves to talk crap about mustangs",

They are Playing with you ,if you go to the Mustang forum I'm sure they talk crap about Vettes... Name of the game... What kind of times does your Vette do at that track?

I always get Mustangs and street cars wanting to run the vette. I say OK, but I get to pick the track! The vette was not designed for drag racing, altho it does quite well. So whether or not it can outrun a Mustang on a drag strip, it will definitely tear it a new asshole on the road course. That's where it shines! Same for the Hell Cat! :deadhorse

Lets hope it was just a slow night or they don't mind losing money. I went home around 9:30 making more passes than I ever have at a track, and at that point there was zero line. Can just pull up and run. Out of the cars running, several were booted for no helmets/etc and people go tired quick when you can make runs that fast. I had 5 runs in <20 minute period at one point.

They didn't want to let me run the mustang on hoosiers because of lack of extended lugs and driveshaft loop, but let me slide this time. Car is now retired unless we get a different track. Selling the wheels/tires as I'm not doing that stuff just to run there.

For everyone that loves to talk crap about mustangs, here are a few slips from my wife's 2012 GT auto. Tune, intake, tires, and some suspension work.

upload_-1.jpg

Those numbers look about right. It compares with another '12 GT at Moroso similarly equipped but with a stock converter. You're getting .3 better 60' times than him. What stall is that converter?

3600-3800 is what it is rated for.

Best results were foot braking it up to 3500 or so. Great thing is the 6r80s are full electronic lock up so daily it is locked all the time so drives like a stock car unless you floor it.

3600-3800 is what it is rated for.

Best results were foot braking it up to 3500 or so. Great thing is the 6r80s are full electronic lock up so daily it is locked all the time so drives like a stock car unless you floor it.

Yep! A converter is the exact reason why an auto can launch consistently to get great ET's and why roll racing is so popular for manual cars.

Yep, it is great. Debating doing headers and a few other things to get it solid 11.5-11.6s but ohhh well.

Would rather have a convertor and auto in my lame roll race car too, but that cost too much money.