The ACE race weekend starts this Friday

HOXXOH

Calling all ACEholes who have ever wanted to take that trip down the 1/4 mile and those who just haven't done it for some time.

You talk about it, so now's the time to just do it. Only $30 car & driver. $10 for spectators.

For newbies and refresher info go here. http://www.racewildhorse.net/friday-night-drags/

I'll be around for help and advice if needed. I'll try to hold pit space for all those signed up on the East side of the pits and aligned with the South end of the bleachers.

Friday March 6 at Wild Horse Pass. Gates open at 5 PM, track goes hot at 7 PM and theoretically racing lasts until 11.59.

The DA early is estimated to be 1800' and drop to 1200' by 11 PM. It's possible this Friday could be the best racing weather until Fall.

For all those who intend to race the GB 1/2 mile on Sat or Sun, this Friday night race is your tune-up. You'll get timeslips with accurate numbers to 3 decimal places to attach to your dyno sheet and compare the 1/4 mile MPH with your 1/2 mile MPH.

Who's in?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unreal

• HOXXOH

• Sleezy E

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest badbobs95

I got my helmet and a set of sticky tires so I'm going as long as I'm able to. I've wanted to do this since I can remember. People, remember, it's not about who's the fastest. It's about having fun. :bannana4:

I'm thinking about going.... thinking is easier than actually accomplishing this right now... :ack

Woo hoo!

I'll be there!

I'll probably do 2 runs tops, still haven't tuned the car yet

Be nice to finally meet a few of you!

Guest badbobs95

Woo hoo!

I'll be there!

I'll probably do 2 runs tops, still haven't tuned the car yet

Be nice to finally meet a few of you!

Why are you so sleezy? See ya Friday! :Hey:

MidNiteFury01

I got my helmet and a set of sticky tires so I'm going as long as I'm able to. I've wanted to do this since I can remember. People, remember, it's not about who's the fastest. It's about having fun. :bannana4:

:twak:

Spoken like a true loser.

Omg

I said that.

So sorry, I just had to!!!!! (Lovvve to you) lol

Guest badbobs95

Omg

I said that.

Oh you silly! With all the 10 second cars out there, who are you going to beat? I know I won't with under 400rwhp. I just hope more people will come for the experience. :spinin:

Omg

I said that.

Oh you silly! With all the 10 second cars out there, who are you going to beat? I know I won't with under 400rwhp. I just hope more people will come for the experience. :spinin:

I might come watch. I don't have my TA up to par yet but hopefully soon. I don't want to drag a standard on the vette. But I sure love smelling burned rubber!!

Wow! Only 4 to run and a few to watch so far? Friday drags are sponsored by 5 & Diner, who has a big food booth. So don't let the thought of no food keep you away.

Like I said elsewhere, got to get wife from airport, and staying up late just to go out and race all day Saturday doesn't sound fun. If I did race I would take the mustang. I have a group of coworkers going out Friday night, but too busy. I'll be at the next one, whenever that is.

If I worried about getting beat I would never go!

I get beat on a lot.

Like Bad Bob said it’s all about having fun.

List for Saturday just got emailed out.

31 Corvettes running.

26 z06s alone running

Out of 116 cars running Saturday, 47 of them are GM (CTSV, Camaros, Vettes)

14 cars 1000+hp

Lowest power car, 350hp, higher 1700rwhp

DA prediction to the closest 100' is:

1800 @ 8 PM

1600 @ 9

1400 @ 10

1300 @ 11

Friday the 13th - no Friday drags indicated, unless drift 'n drag is what they're calling it. The WHP website really sucks for information.

The current DA prediction for next week is 1900 @ 11 PM

You only need to show up with $30 and an approved helmet to have some fun. :3gears:

You might even get to embarrass a Mustang, if one is unfortunate enough to line up with you. :rolf

I'm sure a couple of us wouldn't mind loaning out a helmet for a couple runs.. you just need the loaner before you run through tech