• PALADIN

• Ted Y

• Chameleon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

coconut girl

Hotel booked.

Just got new tires on my BLU666.

Devils Hwy is no place for tire failure!

I am ready to go!

Great license plate for the Devil's Hwy!!! :Hey:

Thanks.

A lady at work saw my plate and told me if she got that plate from the state she would take it back.

You should have seen the look on her face when I told her I ordered it and paid extra for it.

She was horrified.

I went through there with all 3 of these recording. Eh, pic didn't upload. I had 3 gopro's on.

Your best bet for photos is to upload them to a hosting site and link them here. Same with the videos. The forum had an upload limit.

Reported on the 6:30 P.M. Channel 5 News. S.H. 87 between Mesa and Payson one lane next 2 weeks. Do not particulars but the trip would hit the end of this. The little exposure we have had to the group regarding driving to a destination, this would not be conducive to the overall group driving style.

2cents

Chas

from KPHO website

If you regularly travel between Phoenix and Payson on State Route 87, be prepared for constructionicon1.png delays.

ADOT is continuing work on a safetyicon1.png improvement project approximately 10 miles north of Sunflower, near the State Route 188 junction.

Northbound trafficicon1.png headed to Payson on SR 87 will be narrowed to one lane and a 10-foot width restriction will be in effect until project completion in mid-May 2015.

In addition, northbound SR 87 will be closed through the workicon1.png zone between 8 p.m. and 9 a.m. Sunday night through Friday mornings for the next two months for slope excavation work. Northbound drivers will be shifted to southbound SR 87, which will become a two-way roadway with one lane in each direction.

Restrictions will be in place day and night and drivers are urged to plan ahead and allow up to 30 minutes of extra travel time.

The $6.2 million safety improvementicon1.png project, which began last month, includes the reconstruction of an existing curve at milepost 227, as well as building a new northbound truck escape ramp at milepost 228. Runaway truck ramps offer an opportunity for out-of-control trucks, which may have inoperable brakes, to safely exit the highway and come to a controlled stop.

Read more: http://www.kpho.com/story/27390699/construction-delays-expected-on-sr-87-between-phoenix-and-payson#ixzz3WtKgQHvo

I have had to drive through there a couple of time this last week. Traffic is reduced to a two lane roadway in this area. The speed limit is reduced to 25 mph. It never fails, you will get behind a motorhome / travel trailer or a semi. 3 MCSO Deputies are working the area, some in unmarked cars.

Doesn't sound too bad, should only be a few mile stretch of road. Might give us slow pokes a chance to catch up to Donna and Chad. :fastdraw:

I have had to drive through there a couple of time this last week. Traffic is reduced to a two lane roadway in this area. The speed limit is reduced to 25 mph. It never fails, you will get behind a motorhome / travel trailer or a semi. 3 MCSO Deputies are working the area, some in unmarked cars.

Was it a short or long delay. Was it bad enough that we should consider rerouting thru Globe?

I had no delay, just a slower speed. The only thing that would stop you is a somebody crashing......

I am aware of the road conditions. There is also construction on Highway 260 east of Payson around Kohl's ranch that we will have to pass through. The main reason this run starts on a Friday instead of a Saturday is to go when the traffic is lighter. We have all day to get to Eager, there is no need to be in a huge hurry.

We have members coming from Prescott to meet us in Payson, and am I not changing the route. You are of course free to take whatever route you choose to Eager, but if you want to run with the group, the route stays as originally posted.

Please note in the first thread where it says "this is NOT a high-speed drive" - that is not a joke. This cruise is on twisty mountain/forest roads, little towns, police, bubba in his pickup truck, geezers in their motorhomes, a lot of two-lane, with deer, elk and other wildlife around. If you are looking for high-speed blasting, the roads on this cruise can get you into accident and/or Po Po trouble in a hurry.

someone whistle for DAWG, may be he'll come!

Can't do it, other commitments and a dog with no one to watch her.

someone whistle for DAWG, may be he'll come!

Can't do it, other commitments and a dog with no one to watch her.

We will miss you two on this run but will catch up with you on another one SOON.

That's a lot of footage. What do you do with all that?

64GB SD card in each cam = 9 hours of 720p @ 60FPS or 9 hours of 1080p @ 30FPS. Then a 5TB external drive to dump it into later.

I am aware of the road conditions. There is also construction on Highway 260 east of Payson around Kohl's ranch that we will have to pass through. The main reason this run starts on a Friday instead of a Saturday is to go when the traffic is lighter. We have all day to get to Eager, there is no need to be in a huge hurry.

We have members coming from Prescott to meet us in Payson, and am I not changing the route. You are of course free to take whatever route you choose to Eager, but if you want to run with the group, the route stays as originally posted.

Please note in the first thread where it says "this is NOT a high-speed drive" - that is not a joke. This cruise is on twisty mountain/forest roads, little towns, police, bubba in his pickup truck, geezers in their motorhomes, a lot of two-lane, with deer, elk and other wildlife around. If you are looking for high-speed blasting, the roads on this cruise can get you into accident and/or Po Po trouble in a hurry.

Agreed, that is not a road to mess around on. I went through there alone last weekend. One wrong move and your off a cliff, deer through windshield, Bubba finds finds you on fishing trip a week later.

Going to have to bail on it. I was so wanting to do this going downhill this time and with a group of friends was only going to make it better. Hope you all have fun and stay safe.

As we get close, Donna, a couple of questions. Do you have a lunch stop planned anywhere other than the brief stop in Payson?

On these drives, do you ever use the hand held Motorola or similar radios, ie: TalkAbout, between the cars?

Thanks,

Chas

Tom, sorry you can't make it.

We will stop for lunch in Show Low.

I don't have a radio. Some folks do and bring them.