Might have to add a Hitch

Big Tom

How bout this? I'm sure someone on here pulls their track tires behind their car.

Yep, awesome idea. HOXXOH has a similar setup.

Good idea. Maybe I should buy an ORANGE C6, put a hitch on it, and tow my C4 to car shows!!!! :bannana4:

Depends on how you load it. My Gold Wing on this Aluminum trailer has a tongue weight of 185 Lbs. Bike is about 850, trailer is 398. I bought a trailer tongue scale to get it right because my Subaru is only rated for 200 Lbs. on the hitch.

post-812-0-23333300-1421074521_thumb.jpg

post-812-0-69456600-1421074578_thumb.jpg

How bout this? I'm sure someone on here pulls their track tires behind their car.

Yeah, me. If you go to page 1 of the thread you copied those pics from, you'll find how I built the hitch.

post-851-0-53609800-1421077275_thumb.jpg

Yeah, me. If you go to page 1 of the thread you copied those pics from, you'll find how I built the hitch.

attachicon.gifa3 846.JPG

Yup, I knew it was you. I just don't have the ability to build one. I am a "Parts replacer"...lol

Depends on how you load it. My Gold Wing on this Aluminum trailer has a tongue weight of 185 Lbs. Bike is about 850, trailer is 398. I bought a trailer tongue scale to get it right because my Subaru is only rated for 200 Lbs. on the hitch.

TOm sounds like you are right on and doing it right :thumbs

Im referring to the first picture where the Z06 rear wheels are DEEP int he well and the nose is off the ground by another 2 feet!!

Good idea. Maybe I should buy an ORANGE C6, put a hitch on it, and tow my C4 to car shows!!!! :bannana4:

Yeah, you could leave teh C4 out in the parking lot and enter teh C6 for mooor winning !!!

Yeah, you could leave teh C4 out in the parking lot and enter teh C6 for mooor winning !!!

I don't know, I think I'll stick with showing my C4; it seems to be doing fairly well!!

Well I tried out the trailer combo behind my Subaru today. Tongue weight just the way you see it is 120 Lbs. Car pulled it nicely with only 176 HP so the Grand Sport should have no problem.

Got the Curt hitch on Friday and the Harness on Saturday. Now I have to get the car high enough to drill some holes.

TrailerCovers-Subaru005_zps6f11dda1.jpg

I am not much of a hitch on a Vette guy but that lift a Corvette Permance should get it high enough.

• 1 year later...

The first two pictures Big Tom posted are of my Z06, the first was a few years ago headed to Daytona Bike Week pulling my Harley. The second was later that year in Austin Tx at Torchy's Taco's headed to the COTA Le Mans race with our bikes. I park just outside the parking  lots for free and then ride right up to the gates for a quick in and out. As a matter of fact, we did the same this past weekend for the 2016 COTA Le Mans race. 

These are new pictures of my Z06 towing my Harley around the country for a 14,000 miles combined road trip that took us to all through the West, up and across the Canadian Rockies, down through Montana and on to Sturgis, and recently the Colorado Rockies. I'll be at the Cars and Colors Concours next week in Telluride  before heading to the Canyonlands of Utah, Las Vegas, Arizona then back to Texas. Btw, with a tongue weight of 95 pounds, and  395 lbs trailer weight, this RV'  setup has given me the perfect choice of options.

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4879.JPG

HUh, I always thought you bought a Harley to ride it around the country, not drag it around on a trailer:wtf:

• 3 weeks later...

:agree  Harley WHORE  (We Haul Our Ride Everywhere)  Just kiddin ya!  And that third PIC looks like Crater Lake, Oregon or maybe Lake Tahoe, CA?  Just ride it.th_Picture259_zps7ae92ea6.jpg