120 car pile up in Michigan (Video)

ChadC

Scary :eek

People get comfortable in their own envelope of vision and it's easy to over drive your stopping ability.

wickedfastvette

I drive on that Highway when I am at my house in Michigan, there was another one that had 40 cars in it also that was even closer to my house, I think I will just stay here in AZ!

People get comfortable in their own envelope of vision and it's easy to over drive your stopping ability.

... yea im going to leave that one alone.

funny-sleepy-deer-3343423.jpg

Quicksilver98

Makes you wonder how many cars/trucks the idiots video taped before someone got their ass down the highway to try and warn people or put down flares or something atleast...

is he really an idiot?

there was massive fog, and no one expects a sudden stop on a open highway like that.

I bet drivers would not see a guy on the side of the road with flairs.. Plus he would have to go UP the road for 2+ miles just to give oncoming drivers enough time to react.

On the contrary, when he saw the compounding effect and how this would not stop, he started getting post-crash stunned drivers out of the danger zone.

Man, some of those were moving pretty fast down the highway for snow conditions.

Exactly the issue. People aren't smart enough to slow the hell down. Seen too many of those on I80 growing up in Nebraska, people trying to drive the speed limit when you should be driving about 30

Man, some of those were moving pretty fast down the highway for snow conditions.

Exactly the issue. People aren't smart enough to slow the hell down. Seen too many of those on I80 growing up in Nebraska, people trying to drive the speed limit when you should be driving about 30

but can you blame them TheCMSH/Jim for speeding...?

I mean its Nebraska.

there is nothing.. I mean NOTHING out there on the open, wide, lonely, empty, roads.

barren...

desolate...

the only thing those poor souls have is the urge to put the cold barrel of a gun against their temple skin

.... and football.

Sometimes people just don't think about road conditions. Years ago some idiot drove into the back of my semi on I-84. I was driving about 20 mph, and he was going 60+ mph on black ice, at night, in the fog. Moron.

but can you blame them TheCMSH/Jim for speeding...?

I mean its Nebraska.

there is nothing.. I mean NOTHING out there on the open, wide, lonely, empty, roads.

barren...

desolate...

the only thing those poor souls have is the urge to put the cold barrel of a gun against their temple skin

.... and football.

I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw the first video. Looked pretty fast for the road conditions. As for Nebraska ChadC, we do have more then football and a bullet. There's tractor pulling, cow tipping, a warm cozy fire with your preferred animal (2 or 4 legged, your choice), lots of beer, weed that grows wild along ditches, bailing wire to fix just about everything and that's just the tip of the iceberg.... :facepalm:

I heard about this. Went to the Corvette museum instead. Winning.

I hate driving in those conditions. The snow and ice sucks, but I stop when I have visibility issues. Day or night, don't matter. If I can't see I won't roll.

Now... So long add I can see, lock up your daughters and get the hell out of my way. In good visibility I would have been doing 60 on that road.

I think I will just stay here in AZ!

That's the smartest thing I've heard you say in years..... :nutkick: