NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Some old track footage of mine where a Viper/C6 made contact on WHMSP East track

Drewster67

Yes I remember the guy in the orange ZO6. I liked his LG world challenge 3 louvered hood. I remember he then put on a black wing. I think he had Michigan license plates. He attended the recent GILA Bend 1/2 mile roll racing event and was parked near Joe's tent from CPR.

Very unfortunate coming from off track and I suppose the vettes right rear blind spot. Just lousy luck!! The orange Vette was driving a good line out in front and got rudely spanked. That was green group he was running in I believe.

Feel bad for the Vette guy.

SLAMMER

The guy in the Vette was a sitting duck. I know that feeling. . .

I think a bit different situation in your incident Donna.

The Camaro who tried to pass underneath (without Point bye ) could have gone off track avoiding the accident but he didn't give way to your line. Also he was in complete control of his car through out.

SLAMMER

Wasn't comparing the accidents, just the sensation of being unexpectedly smashed into. You know, that loud noise that sounds like a sledgehammer hitting a washing machine. . .

Yes I remember the guy in the orange ZO6. I liked his LG world challenge 3 louvered hood. I remember he then put on a black wing. I think he had Michigan license plates. He attended the recent GILA Bend 1/2 mile roll racing event and was parked near Joe's tent from CPR.

Very unfortunate coming from off track and I suppose the vettes right rear blind spot. Just lousy luck!! The orange Vette was driving a good line out in front and got rudely spanked. That was green group he was running in I believe.

Feel bad for the Vette guy.

SLAMMER

Thanks Slammer.

The viper was way to anxious to get around the civic and lost his perspective of where he was going, Then on top of that he made a critical error by going into the infield. As loud as my car was ..I heard the collision and it was definitely an oh shit moment. Plus I had a track radio with me and I heard control throw black flag all. Yes this was the green group.

Peace

his user name is simply "Joel." He doesn't post much, but goes to a lot of the ProAuto and NASA events (during the cooler months, anyway).

The Viper driver took care of everything, last I heard. Crappy situation, but everyone was OK and he made it right.

You barely missed getting caught up in that like everyone else behind you.

Definitely ... Live to die another day. lol ;)

I was hoping it was going to be one of those obvious mistakes so I could blame one guy and move on. But thats one of those situations that happens when toy get a lot of cars out on track with some egos. Everyone was basically sitting in line not sure why the viper decided that the civic was needing to be passed. Just a slip up in the braking zone, sucks to see that happen.

Props to you for holding on to it with out posting it.

I was hoping it was going to be one of those obvious mistakes so I could blame one guy and move on. But thats one of those situations that happens when toy get a lot of cars out on track with some egos. Everyone was basically sitting in line not sure why the viper decided that the civic was needing to be passed. Just a slip up in the braking zone, sucks to see that happen.

Props to you for holding on to it with out posting it.

:highfive::black vette: Thanks!