NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Famoso track rental

check6x

I know Bakersfield is a long drive for you guys and gals, but I know some people go long distance(Victor)

Here is a link to sign up (link will not paste) seach for Red list.

I saw a high hp C7 sign up and a couple of C6s. I will be there with my 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8, it loves the blue bottle. I went last year and got all the runs I wanted.

I am staying at La Quinta north, it is on CA 65. You can avoid 98% of LA traffic if you take I-10 to I-15 north, continue north on U.S. 395 to CA 58 then west to Bakersfield.

I just sent my entry for Big Bend. I picked up a navigator for the Nevada open road races, a lady navigator. She is the Madame and owner of the Stardust Ranch brothel in Ely. The two brothels in Ely have a car contest and the prizes out shine any trophy..

I don't have a new Malcolm story, but there is probably some that haven't been exposed to the last one. Several Old Fart Racing team members are at the only bar in Ruth, NV. A "lady" wants an Old Fart Racing shirt. We have none available. As we were leaving Malocm heads for the restroom. The Lady follows and while he is in that defensless predicament she rips his shirI off. Then tries to give Malcolm her shirt. Malcolm runs to his car shirtless.

I will try one more time to get the link..

Sad news, Victor has been tamed ... By a female. :ack

Where were you last month ? They had a 1/2 mile event here in Gila Bend, the top speed was 208 mph.....

That is sad news about Victor, but I am a firm believer that a leapord can not change their spots.

Did I meet you one night at Speedworld? Victor was there, but not racing. A guy drinking coffee was racing an AO Corvette.

I haven't been here much lately, but I intend to change that. I am going to come to Wild Horse Pass, maybe earl Feb.

1/2 mile event will be done in late March. Exact dates coming out this week. Street car take over too in April which will be a big event.

That is sad news about Victor, but I am a firm believer that a leapord can not change their spots.

Did I meet you one night at Speedworld? Victor was there, but not racing. A guy drinking coffee was racing an AO Corvette.

I haven't been here much lately, but I intend to change that. I am going to come to Wild Horse Pass, maybe earl Feb.

My spots are still there....they've just been covered up with concealer :snky:

Anyhoot.....I wouldn't be able to make the Bakersfield event as I have a prior family engagement that weekend.

Is this a 1/4 drag race event, or a runway 1/2 mile event ?

The car is in some serious need of new street rubber, but I'm going to try and be ready for the next No-Fly-Zone event in Gila Bend in March. I'm also thinking of straying over to Wild Horse Pass and sneaking in some 1/4 drag runs this month (January), but my insiders tell me that tech has not been relaxed any further than my last visit.......but, they gave me a verbal permission for 10.50's the last time so maybe it can happen again.

My goals are to beat Desert Dawgs times at both venues :boobies:

Victor, if you need to borrow my 18s for the 1/2 mile you are welcome to do that.

Thanks for the offer, Nick....I just might do that, as I sold my CCW's last year.

18x12 with 345 ET streets, just my daily driver wheels, 10-20 passes down a 1/2 mile won't hurt them too bad and they will hook up a ton better than any other "street" tire.

That is RRBob, sipping a cup of coffee down the 1/4 is Bob's trademark... :lol

Your Malcolm story put a smile on my face, tell him we said hi :howdy

The Bakersfield event is 1/4 mile.

Last year my 4400 pound 4 door, 3.06 diff. turned a pb at 11.4 and 119.93. The da was roaming around 1500.

I haven't looked at whp schedule, but I plan on coming once before Bakersfield. I have new Mickey Thompson street radials and they didn't hook. Maybe I will apply track bite before coming.

I spent two days driving the C7 at Bondurants. It has enough more power over the C6 to really get you loose coming out of a turn. I noticed that at least three of the cars had the right rear fended popped loose, love all that plastic especially the rivets. I asked why the fenders were coming loose. I was told they didn't have the correct tires for the C7 yet. I didn't persue it any farther.

On the second day we were on the track that would make a perfectly good landfill. One right turn has a depression in the asphalt with a piece of cement sticking up about half curb high. it had a lot of rubber on it. In the afternoon I said to my instructor, that I noticed he was hitting that depression every lap, why? He replied when the right rear tire hits that cement it immediately turns the car, you go around it every time and that puts you sliding around on the slickest part of this track. Hmmm maybe that is why the right rear fender is popped out on multiple cars.

Victor don't wait too long to unhide those spots.

• 1 month later...

Only 38 cars have signed up for this as of today.

Probably because 200 miles up the road you can run a TnT for $50 vs $125 at 105' el. vs 625' and have a fair chance of 100' DA vs 1200'.

Anybody going needs to check the weather first. It doesn't look too promising, but could still be OK. Certainly not good in Sacramento either.