Finally Leaving Afghan Club Med

Buccaneer

Almost gone, actually I'll be leaving here in a few hours and off to Dubai and on to Atlanta. I'll be home with any luck on the morning of the 27th. Yea! I'm just tired of working 12s every day, ground attacks and rocket/mortar attacks. HOLY SHIT ALREADY!! Hope you ALL have a Merry Christmas and Great New Year. I'll see some of you soon.

Seems like you're in more danger now than you ever were while active duty. :lol

Safe travels sir...and keep your head down until you get home.

Seems like you're in more danger now than you ever were while active duty. :lol

Safe travels sir...and keep your head down until you get home.

X2...See ya soon!

Here is a video of Bucc seeing his S/O after being apart for so long.

Gs7yISA.gif

its ok Bucc, every guy has 'finished' too quickly once in his life.

Thanks ALL. I finally made it back yesterday afternoon. WOW! What a trip. 3 hr flight out of the Stan to Dubai, 10 hour layover and a 17 hour flight to Atlanta only to miss my connection to Phoenix by 2 minutes. Another 4 hour layover and then another 4 hour flight. Plus I had to work a 12 before leaving the Stan as well. I'm beat!

On the plus side, Santa was good to me and got the weapon I wanted and the killer video card. :) The weapon may go back with me the next trip, since it's really getting bad over there now that units are pulling out. Not even sure if I'll go next time depending on a LOT of things. This trip really wore me out and yep Sean, I was in more harms way this trip than any other TDY/Deployment in my entire AF career. The Derka Derka's really want to kill ya over there in a BIG way. I got tons of story's and probably won't share them all with the wife, she was worried enough as it was. Also have lots of vids and pics. I think I even have an attack on one vid, not sure since I took so many.

One of the ground attacks I was Skyping with my wife and son when it started. They could hear the automatic gun fire over Skype and asked "what's that"? I said nothing, gotta go, call you later. WOW! That one was bad and really close. A .50 cal mounted on a MRMP does some serious damage on the receiving end let me tell ya. :o) I want one!

Very glad to see you are back!

Now are you ready to get that 700R transmission package we were mulling?

I am!

:oD

Very glad to see you are back!

Now are you ready to get that 700R transmission package we were mulling?

I am!

:oD

Yes, I just have to get settled in and regroup. I went over and talk to Sean before leaving about doing the trans when I got back since I ran out of time back then. We should get together and talk.