I hope it's not bad...

Bigfoot

...my youngest daughter just smashed and destroyed the garage door...right in front of the vette. Hit so hard the vette slid about 6-8 inches back from where she was parked.

As of now all I can see is scuff/scratches on the nose. I won't be able to see more until the door gets pulled off Monday morning. I'm not in a good mood right now.

I'm hoping there is no "significant" damage. The door alone is going to cost $800. :banghead:

Sorry to hear about this. Hope it's not too bad....

On the positive side, this does not involve another party.

Sorry to hear about that but I think your car is cursed. Wasn't it just last year that your wife took out your fender?

Sorry to hear this Sean, hope the vettes okay.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one...I just had a shelf pull outta the anchors and dump shit all over my car. :facepalm:

That was over a year ago...but yeah...that happened too. ?

Maybe if you drove it once in a while, it wouldn't be at home waiting to get hit by the rest of your family. :bolt:

My wife took out our garage door too. I just painted it last week. She was backing out and forgot to open it. :facepalm:

What school are you at now? I ref basketball and visit most of the high schools in the valley.

I gotta ask...

was she texting?

Glad there was no bodily harm, other than someone getting grounded for eternity.

hey or .if you part it out or call your insurance company let me know and I'll put a DAmaged right rocker panel on it. Lol just tell them your car used to be torCh red

cliff notes: Sean bumped the handicap parking sign at walmart, and is now trying to blame his kid for the damage..... :lol

Hope it's not bad Sean, and don't punish the kid to bad... :wife:

As long as she wasn't hurt, other than her pride, life will go on. Be happy that it was just your garage door and not another car she hit. Homeowner's ins vs auto ins rate increases.

I think the vette escaped anything major.

5cdd56b6afd39e2a672efbc39b1499e0_zps0cac

42a366611a7e3fb52faa542030fb0e3d_zps9496

9949185339469cf534e6c095d8c7ca47_zpsc5e0

24dbcdd19a5c35a81f259d2e0dfe3ca8_zps1096

33a434e1ca938205494a7191c02340fd_zpscc7a

2e9500112304d91977fa5c3f78a2e9c6_zps0b9f

fbfb3f167168ad5f98fd3f49c1845b89_zps0fd5

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I think a lot of it will come out.

Anyone able to help me with this? Keep in mind I just spent $875 on a new garage door.

If that's what it takes. I'm doing an oil change tomorrow plus I've got some other stuff to do. But after Christmas I'm pretty free.

I thought you were going to say "I've had it, I'm getting me a tiger shark........" Looks to be pretty superficial for the most part. Hope you can rub it out......

MidNiteFury01

I hit a damn tire, thought I only had some scratches on the bumper, but I actually had damage to the bolts and tabs which hold the air dams and inner fender valance on. So don't forget to check those too be sure.