C7 vs Hellcat...for fun

P51tj

Since the Vette's not designed specifically for straight line hauling ass, I'm ok with the outcome. At the end of the day more panties drop over a stock Stingray then a Hellcat.

I agree they should run the new Z06 only 50HP difference. The String ray can still holds it head high. It did a good job for a 200 hp difference.. Its hard to compare apples and oranges ....

MidNiteFury01

Cool video, thanks for sharing. For a nearly ~240HP difference, the Vette only seemed to lose by a 1/2 car length (provided the camera is at the quarter mile mark)?? Either way, the Hellcat is a good Muscle car - tons of HP, burning tires, creating smoke and going fast - straight... the Vette is pretty darn good SuperCar IMO, and can make a turn at speed :boobies: .

Guest badbobs95

They could of atleast used the new Z06 version and made it a bit closer.

I'm with you. You know it's coming and I can't wait. Last years ZR1 would have spanked it so I bet someone soon will line up the new Z with the Hellcat and you know the outcome. :boobies:

From what I read yesterday, teh ECU is programmed to knock power down until teh motor is broken-in, but we'll see.

Nope. It just pulls a ton of power with any heat. Sad that in the winter the cars are falling on their facings just doing a 1-4th gear pull, and overheating after 3-4 laps on a road course.

ECU is programmed to pull timing with IATs just like any modern car, but it is very aggressive in doing that. So you have your 650hp for 1 cool pull in good weather, otherwise you are probably in the 570-580 range based off how aggressive the timing pulling is.

Nope. It just pulls a ton of power with any heat. Sad that in the winter the cars are falling on their facings just doing a 1-4th gear pull, and overheating after 3-4 laps on a road course.

ECU is programmed to pull timing with IATs just like any modern car, but it is very aggressive in doing that. So you have your 650hp for 1 cool pull in good weather, otherwise you are probably in the 570-580 range based off how aggressive the timing pulling is.

Since they've only been released in the last two weeks, there's not a lot of data yet to substantiate what was initially found on the pre-production test cars to have carried over to the production run. Most haven't even been driven beyond the initial break-in mileage. The jury is still out.

In other news: I lined up with a new Prius last week and he had me beat halfway across the intersection. I pulled on him hard and managed to squeak past before we got to the next crosswalk.

Since they've only been released in the last two weeks, there's not a lot of data yet to substantiate what was initially found on the pre-production test cars to have carried over to the production run. Most haven't even been driven beyond the initial break-in mileage. The jury is still out.

In other news: I lined up with a new Prius last week and he had me beat halfway across the intersection. I pulled on him hard and managed to squeak past before we got to the next crosswalk.

Gotta love the low end torque of electric motors

At the end of the day more panties drop over a stock Stingray then a Hellcat.

Troof!

I'm a big fan of both!

Ones a sports car,and the other is a pure muscle car that actually looks good as well!

Thank goodness for American V-8's!!!