NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Dragstrip being built at Lake Havasu.

Final Effort

It's hard to understand why building a dragstrip where the total population within a 100 mile radius is less than 1 million, is a better deal than building, or reviving Speedworld, in an area of 4.3 million.

Land value, based on use, equates to tax revenue. . .

Are you implying that the real estate tax revenue on unimproved land near Phoenix is greater than the total revenue on improved land that generates sales, corporate, personal income, property, and real estate taxes near Lake Havasu City?

I'm implying that Maricopa County doesn't want to Speedworld to operate because that land will become homes and businesses which will generate more tax revenue than the dragstrip. Apparently the powers that be in the county where Lake Havasu is located see things differently.

I'm implying that Maricopa County doesn't want to Speedworld to operate because that land will become homes and businesses which will generate more tax revenue than the dragstrip. Apparently the powers that be in the county where Lake Havasu is located see things differently.

The BS politics regarding Speedworld were based on County supervision of State trust land. It's surrounded by Surprise and private owners who have no desire to annex. The Volvo proving grounds are just down the road and also on State trust land. You can bet their lease will be renewed without question. The Speedworld land will sit vacant for years and never add a dime to the County coffers. No developer would want to buy it to convert to tract homes, due to the expense of returning the land to a residential use condition. The County and State will be the financial losers and the public lost a recreational facility.

Heavy equipment turns Speed world into usable development property in 48 hours. I'd bet money that deal is privately in the works and has been for quite some time.

Volvo = quiet & wont effect property value. Also backed by large corporation

Speedworld = not quiet. Surround property values are negatively affected

Heavy equipment turns Speed world into usable development property in 48 hours. I'd bet money that deal is privately in the works and has been for quite some time.

Volvo = quiet & wont effect property value. Also backed by large corporation

Speedworld = not quiet. Surround property values are negatively affected

^^^^^ this

no one wants to live next to the following;

-Airport

- Racetrack

-homeless shelter

- HOXXOH (tom)

I live near Tom, but just far enough away that his slum won't affect my property. Phil is the one who has to be worried...