NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The race is on

HOXXOH

Now that the weather has cooled off, it's time to go drag racing. Evening DA has hovered around the 900-1200' area for more than a week, so let's play.

Wild Horse Pass Friday nights, sponsored by 5 & Diner http://www.racewildhorse.net/friday-night-drags/

You don't need to be a dedicated racer to play on Friday night. Check the link.

Since you've often wondered how fast your car is in the 1/4 mile, here's the chance you've been waiting for. It's not a competition unless you want it to be. You'll just be racing the clock. Although if there's a car in the other lane, it's always more fun if you get to the end first.

Dec, 5 , Dec, 12 , and the year end final on Dec, 19.

Then some may want to play in the new year at WHP, so look at the continuing schedule.

RR Bob and myself will be there all 3 nights, in case anyone needs some pointers, advice, or assistance. We'll also cheer for you and provide pats on the back and high 5's too. If you've never done this before, post up here and we can plan a pre-race school. It's easy, simple, and safe if you follow some basic rules and use common sense.

OK, so now who's in?

2:73 gears & pretty much stock engine with just a custom tone!!!! Ya I think I would be just a spectator. Sounds like fun though. How busy are they during these Friday night races? I've heard they can get rather full.

I think I'm going to shoot for the last date, if I get free any of the other Fridays I might make it....

Whats the gate fee now, and how strict are the tech inspections?

Tech was somewhat loose when I was there a couple months ago... I told the guys I was stock (I am) and they didn't even look under the hood.

It was 30 to race and like 10 or 15 to watch iirc

Now that the weather's cooler it shouldn't be a problem but make sure you wear long pants.... don't ask me how I know :facepalm:

Guest badbobs95

Isn't anybody from the east side gunna go with me? You know I hate to be alone after dark! Come on sleaze-balls. Let's go out there and have some fun. :Hey::cheer: :coool: :black vette: :bananaparty:

Roll bar and 5-point harness is back in, so I'm ready for tomorrow. Not planning on the skinnies or any other mods for this week.

Is there anyone else in ACE that'll be there? It'd be a good place to get dialed in for the 1/2 mile in GB.

The mother-in-law's xmas party is this weekend.

I will be there for sure next Friday the 12th!

Damn! Just had a problem (not with the car) and won't be able to go this week. Probably no issue, since no one else planned on going either.

Next week is for sure.

I didnt go because it didnt appear any one else was..

I couldnt run mine because I have to get it retuned.

I will be there this coming Friday and the one on the 19th if nothing else just to watch.

Anyone else want to have some fun and/or do a tuneup for the Saturday/Sunday Gila Bend event?

Just saw that...

Cancelled due to rain tomorrow... wtf

The cancellation is for the Saturday race, not the Friday night drags.

Although, the website has dropped off both this Friday and next week from their schedule.

Since I've tried calling every possible extension on their phone menu without a live person answering, I'll save you the time trying that.

Hopefully, someone has a facebook account and can see what is posted there.

1380638_300726270133640_5007669820600763

Regrettably we are canceling the race this weekend due to the threat of weather rather than waiting until the last minute. Our next Friday Night Drags will be January 9th. Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park wishes everyone a safe and Happy Holiday season !

This is a direct copy/paste from their Facebook page, sorry gang