Drove me a 2015 C7 A8 this past weekend

FNBADAZ06

Went to Midway Chebby to see if they had any 2015 C7's with the new A8, to see if I'd consider this new bad boy transmission for a Z06 car. While I did put the car into Sport mode, I just let the transmission shift itself.....OnStar reminded me that the car was in "demonstration mode", monitoring speed and location LMFAO.

Car was a Shark Gray Stingray/A8 with Kalahari (sp?) 3LT interior, exposed carbon roof panel, red brake caliper option, ZF1 appearance package (black wheels), and the Competition seats.

Stickered just north of $74K.

Gotta say.....with the minimum time I spent with the car (30 minutes), and punching it on the freeway, I was overall pretty impressed.

I just wanted to see how the new 8 speed auto worked, and how the new competition seats felt.

I think I'm sold on both.

Victor drove a Corvette ?????

WTF is the world coming to, next thing you know he'll be crying because he wimped out of the 1/2 mile run at Gila Bend.. :lol

Did it have a back seat?

OMG! Leave it to a woman to ask that question.

The answer is no and neither the driver or passenger seat will fully recline.

Take a blanket or get a room. :cherye:

Did it have a back seat?

You missed my point entirely. . .

This was a poke at Victor, who has virtually disappeared from ACE now that he has a family. Maybe if there was such a thing as a Vette with a backseat for child hauling, we'd see Victor again. . .

Did it have a back seat?

This was a poke at Victor, who has virtually disappeared from ACE now that he has a family. Maybe if there was such a thing as a Vette with a backseat for child hauling, we'd see Victor again. . .

I knew where you were going, but the opportunity to reply to an open question like that was too much to resist. :rolf

Question: Why do women at car shows always look in the back seat first?

Answer: Because they remember they've lost something there.

Victor,

I also drove a 15 C7 with the A8 last weekend as well. I was really impressed with how fast it shifted in drive. The shifts were really crisp, smooth and very fast. I also thought the handling was great as well. It felt fast in the passenger seat and pretty good when I got behind the wheel. Compared to my stock C6 Z, it did seem to run out of steam up top. It was my friends car so we did a few highway pulls and my Z pulled away on every run. The C7 is still quick none the less.

How did the power compared to your Z06?

Oli.....compared to a stock C6 Z06, a Z06 would still outrun a C7 on a freeway pull. From a dead stop, the A8 equiped C7 would definetly have the advantage over an average driver in a Z06 who doesn't know how to get the car off the line without blowing the tires away, as the LT1's torque, launch control, and transmission gearing really get the car out of the hole real fast. People have been getting mid 11's out of stock cars, which is comparable to what the Z's can do when they hook and are shifted quickly.

Did it have a back seat?

LOL..... Donna, I looked into the back hatch area of the C7 and there MIGHT be room to do the 'business' to start a family...if the hatch is left open :thumbs

But, I must agree.......I've been out of the loop quite a bit lately.