Injector cleaning/flow testing

Martyb

Thanks Joe. Fighting a code, P0300, multi cylinder misfire, even though the car runs like a scalded ape! I did new plugs, wires, and coils but still throwing a CEL. Guessing injectors now.

Thanks Joe. Fighting a code, P0300, multi cylinder misfire, even though the car runs like a scalded ape! I did new plugs, wires, and coils but still throwing a CEL. Guessing injectors now.

strange indeed..."multi-cylinder misfire" sounds synonymous with pre-ignition.

computer?

Car runs great, i am going to check the fuel pressure first, if that's good I'll have the injectors cleaned. Hopefully that resolves it.

can you read the fuel trims? is it running lean enough to cause random missfires but not enough to set a lean code?

can you read the fuel trims? is it running lean enough to cause random missfires but not enough to set a lean code?

It's the factory pcm with the factory tune, so I'm guessing it's more on the rich side than the lean side. Going to check fuel pressure tomorrow.

Quicksilver98

Had one of the O rings on an injector of my wifes Mercedes cause that code. Was sucking in air around the injector freaking the thing out. Found it with a can of carb cleaner spraying it around all the injector ports. Actually heard it sucking it in with a whistling noise and changed the idle a bit when i hit the right one. If your taking all the injectors out I suggest ordering all new O rings. Cheap insurance. They get hard over time and dont seal as well.

Had one of the O rings on an injector of my wifes Mercedes cause that code. Was sucking in air around the injector freaking the thing out. Found it with a can of carb cleaner spraying it around all the injector ports. Actually heard it sucking it in with a whistling noise and changed the idle a bit when i hit the right one. If your taking all the injectors out I suggest ordering all new O rings. Cheap insurance. They get hard over time and dont seal as well.

New o rings on order already, thanks for the tip!