What to do ?

azvett

Any info or feed back would be appropriated. My daughter was involved in a car accident, thank God she was not hurt. The car did sustain some substantial damage, I'm thinks around 6k-7k damage. It was the others parties fault, still to be determined by his insurance. He did recieve a citiation for his involment. Now the question is should I file the claim under my auto insurance ? Or should I wait till the other insurance completes their investigation and who knows how long that's going to take. It's a smaller insurance company so I hope they do the right thing and not give me the run around. Any suggestions? Or comments? Thanks in advance.

I would certainly get your group involved as soon as possible .... they can assist, even though you may or may not have to actually file a claim ..... you pay em big bucks ... so get them busy on it ....

Yeah, what Hal said.

Plus his Ins won't try to pull a fast one if your Ins is watching...

And, glad to hear teh kid isn't hurt :thumbs

Yeah, what Hal said.

Plus his Ins won't try to pull a fast one if your Ins is watching...

And, glad to hear teh kid isn't hurt :thumbs

:withstupid

Exactly what they said, once your company is involved the BS seems to get bypassed and things handled. Still expect it to take a few days to a week.

Glad she is ok.

Thanks for ur quiick responses, I did get my insurance involved as soon as it happened. They said I could file it on my policy, and things would get done much quicker. I would just have to pay my deductible. And once the other insurance takes responsibility, they would go after them for the repair cost and my deductable. So if the other insurance doesn't give me an answer by late tommorrow, I'll file it on my under my policy.

My daughter was rearended last Friday. Car is at Classic right now. Just got there today infact. She is also fine and our soon to be Grandbaby is fine too. She did call her insurance company but I think she elected to not file a claim against her insurance. She has a rental car and it seems like the other guys insurance company is really dragging their feet for some reason. Had to get Classic involved to even get the car there. The longer they keep the car in the salvage yard the more they can charge for the storage fee. So not sure what the best way to go about this is.

Insurance companies play games. When my Subaru got hit USAA would pay to fix it but would not total it and even pushed to have it repaired. The other party's insurance (Farm Bureau} agreed to call it a total loss. The repair estimate was $16,800 on a car that cost $24,400. Go figure...

Be assertive. The at fault party is required to make the injured party whole. Having your own carrier involved can help with getting the repairs done.

I personally wouldn't file the claim with my insurance in the case as your claim may come back to bite you later on even if the other company pony's up the $$$. You should be able to get your daughter into a rental at the other company's expense. As long as I have transpo, I'm happy; that's my motto.

The only other thing is, the driver of the vehicle was not the owner. It was the owners father driving the vehicle. And the driver was not in the policy as a driver. The owner was not in the vehicle with him. Now all we're waiting for is for the driver to give his statement to the adjuster. The adjuster is having a hard time getting a hold of the driver.

I will be driving to TX to see the car myself today. And taking my daughter another car to drive around in. My adjuster said the damages are around 4k. I will probably file with my insurance today. And have them put me in a rental to drive back. I'll let my insurance deal with his.

The only other thing is, the driver of the vehicle was not the owner. It was the owners father driving the vehicle. And the driver was not in the policy as a driver. The owner was not in the vehicle with him. Now all we're waiting for is for the driver to give his statement to the adjuster. The adjuster is having a hard time getting a hold of the driver.

I just had a similar accident happen to me. The driver of the truck that hit me was the girlfriend of the truck owner. She was not on the truck policy and he was not with her.

I don't know about in Texas, but in Arizona with this scenario, the OWNER of the vehicle is the first liable party, and then the DRIVER of the vehicle. This is assuming the driver was clearly at fault, and was driving the vehicle with the consent of the owner.

This is worth checking into, because (assuming both owner and driver have liability insurance) you potentially have TWO sources of payment for your damages. If Texas is like Arizona, then if your damages exceed the policy limits of the first policy, the second policy is potentially there to pay the balance.

Under your circumstances, I think allowing your insurance to deal with his insurance is a smart move.

Best of luck to you and your daughter!