Serious Question for my fellow ACE-holes'

ChadC

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im making the choice to sell my corvette. :-(

what im wrestling with is prepping the car to maximize the best value for minimal cash.

My question to you fellow ACE-holes is what to do with the current stripe

Keep the custom Chad 'woosh' design

PRO: im lazy. zero effort

CON: not everyone will like it (i think).

CON: if I trade it in to a dealer, that bad boy is removed in a heart beat. .. I think

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

*the wheels are painted to match, and Ill get better pictures.

GM 427 stripe

PRO: I ASSUME it will have more 'pop' and appeal to a mass market. ..i think

CON: I have the material already, it just my labor

CON: will a dealer keep this or remove it?

021512_2.jpg

ps-garage_2013-chevrolet-corvette-427-co

simple silver

PRO: ripping the vynal off will be easy.

CON: I think its boring looking car

061908_3.jpg

PS is some one is interested in a smoking price BEFORE i put effort into prepping the car shoot me a PM

..serious

facts: 2009, Z06, 41K miles, Eforce supercharger, Heads rebuilt w/ stainless steel valves preemptively.

cheers

cahd

Compromise:

Loose the side "whooshes". Leave the hood, top, halo, and deck. I voted 427 just because its' the closest to what I'm describing

......and you're gay for selling it

nag nag nag.

nothing is final.

Im simply want something more touring, and less race car.

Less race car???????

Let's take that car down to Inde the 6th of December and get some use out of that car before you sell it to someone who's not gonna maximize its potential.

IDEA!!!!!!

I'll even pay 1/2 your entry fee.

Of course I gets drive it on the track

SLAMMER

I'm with Jim. You're gay.

I'd leave it. If you trade it they will do what they want and it won't change the value one way or another. Wasted effort. If you sell it private, offer to remove what's there or change to the 427 stripes. Give the buyer the choice.

nag nag nag.

nothing is final.

Im simply want something more touring, and less race car.

Congrats on your Miata purchase........... :leaving:lol

I'd leave it. If you trade it they will do what they want and it won't change the value one way or another. Wasted effort. If you sell it private, offer to remove what's there or change to the 427 stripes. Give the buyer the choice.

I agree with Big poppa about the car and Gay....

...t. If you sell it private, offer to remove what's there or change to the 427 stripes. Give the buyer the choice.

hmm ok gay whatever.

its getting old. thats why I asked for a serious question.

in vinyl wrapping I have learned that 70% of people cant imagine what a finished product looks like with out photochop, or in person.

So asking someone "please Ignore the stripes you don't like no to have an impact on the preconceived perception of the car value." is impossible.

giving the buyer a choice is not a smart move.

clouds the deal.

My bad, I started the stoopid. I stand by my commentary about the side whooshes, just a bit too much for the average.

If anybody is looking for a beast, this is a beast. I've driven this car, it accelerates so hard it strains your neck, wicked crazy acceleration on this thing while still being a well mannered daily driver

Guest badbobs95

I'd buy it if I could afford it. :wtf: Why couldn't you just throw it in with the helmet I bought from you? That would be a generous thing to do. And I'll keep the stripes on it just for you! You know my number. And my birthday is next week. Good karma ya know. :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

Quicksilver98

Im with Jim........Center stripes only. Your current ones first choice then the GM 427 Second choice. Why not just take it back to stock and have less Race?

"giving the buyer a choice is not a smart move.

clouds the deal."

Might close the deal ?

If you don't want to offer the choice than remove all vinyl return to stock ....

if the vinyl is in good shape, I would keepit. It would probably sell to someone that likes it sporty looking anyway.

Chad serious? You've got to be kidding.

OK, my opinion, since you asked for them. Pick your price and post it for sale on the big forum. Indicate you can strip it or redo it 427 style. You'll definitely get opinions from several and possibly an offer. No charge to post it there and I'll even waive my 6% commission.

BTW, a 274,000 mile ex-Hurtz '08 A6 coupe with almost no mods, sold today on Ebay for $15,950. The dealer offered $7,500 trade-in on a C7.

Why change anything for a potential buyer? Wait for an offer or interested buyer then workout a deal with them. Just my .02.

Good luck with the sale Chad.

Loose the side "whooshes". Leave the hood, top, halo, and deck.

I agree with Jim, the strip down the middle is enough to say it's not stock.

The sides are a personal taste of yours...

Did the C7 bug bite you sooner than expected or are you staying I a C6???

Did the C7 bug bite you sooner than expected or are you staying I a C6???

for the moment Ill be leaving the corvette community for a few years.

.. still TBD

After just picking up my second sliver Z. I must admit that when left completely stock, if can look rather boring. That being said, I think your car looks good. However, if you're trying to sell to the masses, I'd take off the stripes that follow the headlights off. Other than that, I think it will have no problem selling! Are you interested is selling the black headlights if you're returning the car to stock?