NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

a mobile detailer in north valley

Ted did my last detail but evidently he is not doing detailing currently. He set a very high standard. I love how the Opticoat has performed. Car is a black 2011 GS and it has a need for a buff (I live on a dirt road) and a recoat.

Have a nice clean climate controlled garage just need a great detailer.

The question is who would you recommend?

Thank-you for any and all suggestions,

Chris

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Ted did my last detail but evidently he is not doing detailing currently. He set a very high standard. I love how the Opticoat has performed. Car is a black 2011 GS and it has a need for a buff (I live on a dirt road) and a recoat.

Chris

Hey Chris, we're still around :) We are located in Gilbert but do offer mobile services if need be. While we do not offer Opti-Coat anymore, we do offer CQuartz Finest (also a ceramic coating, but a coating we have found to be superior to OC). It gets applied in 2 coats, slicker than OC and comes with a 2 year warranty. If you'd like to set up a consultation and have us quote you a price we can do that for ya...just let me know if you're interested.

Whatever happened to Wills.WindowsandWheels?

Thanks Ted..been crazy busy but yes we are still here lol

There is someone advertising on the ACE FB page if you care to look. If you don't do face book let me know and I will get it to ya...

Wills.WindowsAndWheels, on 14 Nov 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

harleypower69, on 14 Nov 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Chris

Hey Chris, we're still around :) We are located in Gilbert but do offer mobile services if need be. While we do not offer Opti-Coat anymore, we do offer CQuartz Finest (also a ceramic coating, but a coating we have found to be superior to OC). It gets applied in 2 coats, slicker than OC and comes with a 2 year warranty. If you'd like to set up a consultation and have us quote you a price we can do that for ya...just let me know if you're interested.

old yeller, on 14 Nov 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Thanks Ted..been crazy busy but yes we are still here lol

Please PM me your number. Thanks, Chris

Big Tom, on 14 Nov 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

There is someone advertising on the ACE FB page if you care to look. If you don't do face book let me know and I will get it to ya...

Big Tom,

I am not a Face Book user but any info you have is sincerely appreciated.

Chris

Big Tom, on 14 Nov 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

Big Tom,

I am not a Face Book user but any info you have is sincerely appreciated.

Chris

Here is what they posted.

Contact For Address Please

Gilbert, Arizona

(480) 201-6270

http://www.WindowsAndWheels.com/

Guest badbobs95

John and I do Opti-coat, Liquid Glass, and Rejex sealers. We prefer to work on Corvettes but we also do other nice cars. We will come to your house or you can drop it off in Chandler. I'll tell you up front we charge ACE peeps $300 for a bumper to bumper detail and $350 for Opti-coat. Call if we can be of help.

Bad Bob 602-570-6416

Guest badbobs95

and ... they are quite entertaining ....

Thank you Hal! And I'm also quite handsome. :boobies: I forgot to mention that our price includes removing and cleaning the inside of the wheels, engine bay, interior, everything your imagination can come up with!

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

John and I do Opti-coat, Liquid Glass, and Rejex sealers. We prefer to work on Corvettes but we also do other nice cars. We will come to your house or you can drop it off in Chandler. I'll tell you up front we charge ACE peeps $300 for a bumper to bumper detail and $350 for Opti-coat. Call if we can be of help.

Bad Bob 602-570-6416

Bob i know that Opti-Coat 2.0 was discontinued recently. Did you stock up before they quit producing it ?

Guest badbobs95

Bad Bob 602-570-6416

Bob i know that Opti-Coat 2.0 was discontinued recently. Did you stock up before they quit producing it ?

I did. Nobody told me anything. Now I wonder why. It sure was expensive.

Maybe you paid less than I was quoted, or maybe you are very wealthy so you have money to burn. I understand the prep involved, but the price I was quoted to treat new paint on 1/2 a car was ridiculous, even for a perfect result.

I'm so cheap, I squeak! I just know he (and his sis) does great work. I do it myself and enjoy the mental therapy!

Speaking of which, ain't it grand that it is cool enough that the cars don't try in two seconds after a wash!!!

I'm personally going to be trying out the new Gloss Coat from Optimum very soon. I have had great experiences with their products in the past. I believe there was a reason they released a new product.

The last Opti-Coat was version 2.0. The one thing people complained about was that polymer resins were "grabby" instead of slick. So they made the new formula slicker to accomodate what people wanted. I say, you shouldn't be touching your car very much anyway. But what do I know...

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Bad Bob 602-570-6416

I did. Nobody told me anything. Now I wonder why. It sure was expensive.

The reason being is that a lot of people were advertising saying "We do Opti-Coat" and when they were asked "Do you do Opti-Coat Pro or Opti-Coat 2.0" they'd say they did OC Pro. The difference between the two is, OC Pro is more concentrated, cures thicker/harder and faster than 2.0...it also costs a lot more and you have to be an "approved installer" to even purchase it. A lot of 2.0 installers were undercutting pricing BIG TIME and - so when someone called the detailer A and were quoted $400 for a full detail and OC and then detailer B quoted $400 JUST to install OC and then the prep work was a separate charge ...clients who didn't do their homework did not understand the difference in pricing.

OC pro also required a minimum charge per vehicle.

So, Optimums solution was to get rid of 2.0, and now come out with "Gloss Coat" (im assuming very close to the same as 2.0)...which was all well and good, but for the OC Pro installers (like us), they increased the price..AGAIN (600% price increase in 3 years...no lie) and just told us to pass the cost onto our customers. SO, we dropped them last month. Honestly in the last year we only did maybe 3-4 OC jobs...all the rest were CQuartz Finest since we were getting better protection, gloss and slickness...and also a 2 year warranty. I've personally lost a lot of respect for their company over the past couple of years...and so have a lot of other professional detailers who have been hit by their constant price increase with no warning (along with very poor customer service). So theres a little insight for ya :)

. . . very expensive. . .

But VERY worth it

Thank you :). I know everyone doesn't want to pay for our top tier service and thats fine, we offer other services as well at a lower expense and still give top notch results..but for those who want the best....well we really cant afford to spend 30-40 hours on a car for a couple hundred dollars. We just try to make our customers happy - and so far we have all great reviews and satisfied customers...and even those who dont hire us, we do our best to help them either do their ride themselves or find someone suitable to what they're looking for.

Maybe you paid less than I was quoted, or maybe you are very wealthy so you have money to burn. I understand the prep involved, but the price I was quoted to treat new paint on 1/2 a car was ridiculous, even for a perfect result.

Donna,

the reason i quoted what i did is because we've come behind several repaint...and we know that even a "good" repaint is still time consuming...and also remember this was completely sight unseen.

I get the same reaction time to time from new car owners because "their car is new, it doesnt need much work."

P1100197_zps4d362c87.jpg

That was off a new C7 we did last winter. 6 week old and the entire car was covered in buffer trails and sanding marks. What was expected to be a 1 day detail turned into 3 days...and that was without having to do the hood, front bumper and front quarter panels because they had clear bra on them (we still cleaned and coated but minimal polishing)

This is a photo of a freshly re-painted ZL1 from the summer before last:

P1070582_zpsba1ffe78.jpg

P1070585_zps7ef82066.jpg

So i hope you can understand where I'm coming from when i quoted a bit high. If we had come out and the paint was not in horrible shape and we finished early, we of course would only bill for the work done, but having the experiences behind me that i do...i pretty much know what to expect from a repaint.

I'm personally going to be trying out the new Gloss Coat from Optimum very soon. I have had great experiences with their products in the past. I believe there was a reason they released a new product.

The last Opti-Coat was version 2.0. The one thing people complained about was that polymer resins were "grabby" instead of slick. So they made the new formula slicker to accomodate what people wanted. I say, you shouldn't be touching your car very much anyway. But what do I know...

I had a buddy try out gloss coat and he was satisfied with the install and look of it...but i just have a grudge against them for how they treated a lot of very good detailers throughout the country who helped build the Opti-Coat name with their work and posts through out the years...so thats why i wont touch their stuff anymore. Thats just me though :) And i agree, no touching! Though added slickness is very nice when drying the car or using a blower to blow off the water :) That part is actually pretty fun!

It's gotta be tough trying to make a living strictly from detailing. For me it's a fun hobby. In reality, the cost of materials is pretty low compared to groceries or day care or a house payment, etc. When a coating can last two years or so, whether it costs $30 per car or $50 per car is less relevant to me.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

It's gotta be tough trying to make a living strictly from detailing. For me it's a fun hobby. In reality, the cost of materials is pretty low compared to groceries or day care or a house payment, etc. When a coating can last two years or so, whether it costs $30 per car or $50 per car is less relevant to me.

Yeah it wasn't easy thats for sure, but we worked (and still work) very hard to do the absolute best work we possibly can...and then work to become even better. Plus it helps that we really enjoy what we do, especially when we have fun cars to work on (actually had another Z51 in today for Finest).

We typically charge $850 for our new car prep and CQuartz Finest with the 2 year warranty. You figure if you compare that to a quarterly wash and wax at $125 every 3 months, after 2 years you actually save money...and that $125 doesnt even include any polishing (which is included in the New Car Prep...along with a clay/decontamination, wheel coating and all the other detailed bells and whistles).

Plus the fact that the coating is close to 100x thicker than a wax or sealant and protects better as well...yeah it makes sense to a lot of people to have it done.

Our material costs do get kinda high with some products but the cost is justified because the products do in fact do a better job (and we test em pretty hard core.) Word of mouth is our biggest asset though and thast whats helped us grow. That along with owners who can testify to the look of their ride when we are done AND the longevity of it...has helped to carve us out a decent niche in the car care world. :)

Guest badbobs95

This has all been very educational. I understand the differences between your prices and ours because you are doing this for a living and we are doing it for extra play money. Besides I keep their car for at least three days since I am not in a hurry and I take frequent breaks to go potty and harass people on the forum when I'm tired. I spare no one! By the way, your sister is so cute! What happened to you? :wacked: Keep up the good work young man. I am going to try your CQuartz soon. I still have two Opti-coats left. :nerd: