need help, Vette just failed emissions

goofy02z06

Ok so I have been having codes p1571, p1689,c1277,b0432, and u1040 that keep popping up. I have cleaned the grounds but not sure if I got them all. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? It is on a 2002 Z06

looks like its related to the requested torque and delivered torque signals between the ecm and ebcm. they can be tricky to diagnose. they dont realy impact the emissions but anything with an ses light gets flaged anyway :facepalm:

No never power washed it. It said that it isn't reading the O2 sensors

the dtc descriptions for those p codes and c code all relate to traction control request torque and delivered torque. are those codes set current or history? i believe that u code is a lost comms with the ebcm code. which module was that u1040 set in?

I have stock with Borla, it passed last year with same set up. Sometimes when I am driving the stereo will shut off or when I start it up the stereo won't work but will come on eventually and the traction control will light up and say service soon. I think I am getting codes because it is loosing communication.

Sounds like a loose connector somewhere.

I agree, ive seen a bad crimp on the signal wire cause this issue. if your feeling brave remove the ebcm connector and the connector cover from the back of the connector, there should be some realy tiny numbers going accross to designate the pin locations, check pin #2 (a tan/black wire(thats the delivered torque signal)) (just give it a little tug if it feels loose, slack or hollow, theres your problem) also check pin #12( orange/black(thats the requested torque signal)). good luck

Sounds like a loose connector somewhere.

I agree, ive seen a bad crimp on the signal wire cause this issue. if your feeling brave remove the ebcm connector and the connector cover from the back of the connector, there should be some realy tiny numbers going accross to designate the pin locations, check pin #2 (a tan/black wire(thats the delivered torque signal)) (just give it a little tug if it feels loose, slack or hollow, theres your problem) also check pin #12( orange/black(thats the requested torque signal)). good luck

Been there, done that...both on the vette and on military aircraft. :lol

Could be the ignition switch ..... they are known to go bad and cause numerous issues .... will try to find posts re this issue for you .... our 02 rdstr crops up all kinds of issues .... and i'm convinced through lots of reading ... the switch could certainly be the culprit ....

Ok who should I take it to to get it checked out? It's not the grounds, might need to get the ECM replaced.

Give Jan a call at Extreme .... I'm certain they could help you some ..... (480) 517-4969

Is there anyone on the forum that would be willing to help with this problem? I was out of work for over 7 months and money is tight right now. Extreme wants 66$ just for that to look at it then what ever the cost to fix it, I can't afford that right now. I can afford beer of your choice though.

If you can afford the beer, I'd say get a diagnostic done and then go from there. The initial trouble shooting without a scanner is a bear. Once you have that, is when I would ask for help.

Clear the codes. lets see how quickly they or it comes back

You will have to drive it enough to pass the emissions monitors before going thru emissions. Maybe if driven right it will go through before the computer sets a code.

The codes come on the minute the car is started. I had the codes cleared before the test, they made me turn it off and when they restarted it the codes came back.

I have offered to Help My Brother out several times!!! he's a jackassssss!

he doesn't trust his brother! when the first 10 min of trying to help he broke something...

Whatever little brother of mine. I wanted someone that may have had this problem and actually knew what to do rather then tearing everyth apart and hoping for the best.

Clean & inspect all the connections on the EBCM. They have spray cleaner for that application. Disconnect your battery first please