How long til I regret it?

Down

I think I'm gonna be looking to get rid of my C5Z in the very near future as I just don't use it that much anymore. How many of you have done this exact thing only to be back into the seat of a Vette before ya know it?

Got rid of my '01 Z06 for an E55 AMG. Got rid of the AMG for an SRT8 Jeep GC. Got rid of the SRT for a C6. Circle of life.

I guess the question I have is why the lack of use? I'm probably of a different mindset but I'd sell mine too If I left it sitting in the garage so I could drive some POS. Mine is a daily driver. What do you gain by letting it sit in the garage? Are you going to get significantly more for it when you sell it? My GS was right at two yrs old when I got it and it only had 5k mi. In the yr I've had it I've put right at 18k on it.

My son. Left a Mazda 6 behind when he went off to college in Chicago. I was going to drive that as a daily driver. I couldn't get myself to drive it very often when confronted with the choice....Vette or Mazda. I say you'll be far less inclined to sell the Vette if you just drive it.

Good points there Eddie which remind me that I didn't provide much context. I have an Escape and my Z but between hauling kids around and the fact that the Escape is more adorned with creature comforts? I prefer it a bit as a daily driver to the Z. My solution is to get rid of them both and pick up a V2 CTS-V. It's a lot more aligned with my current needs and while not as fun to drive as the Z should still allow me to "stretch the ol legs" a bit here and there. :)

Mine may sit for a bit longer than it should at times but I can't see getting rid of it just because it's sitting. If money is an issue then selling it is always an option.

There will be a bunch of fun stuff to do now that it's cooled off, get in it and come to an ACE event or two before you take the leap.

And if you do sell, the urge to buy again later will always be there, your not getting out of Corvettes because you hate it, sooner or later you'll be looking for one again.

Now that I have my issues worked out...I make a point to drive mine at least twice a week...and those usually wind up being my best days. :thumbs

Oh...and screw creature comforts. My comfort comes from a tingle in the happy sack. :yesnod

Is the Z really that uncomfortable as a daily driver? What specifically does it lack that makes you uncomfortable?

I used to have a C5 as my daily driver and it was totally comfortable. I would have driven it to New York if I wanted to go there. . .

Does your Z provide enjoyment that other vehicles lack? If you've ever loved your Vette, at some point you will be sorry you let it go. Just my :2cents

Is the Z really that uncomfortable as a daily driver? What specifically does it lack that makes you uncomfortable?

I used to have a C5 as my daily driver and it was totally comfortable. I would have driven it to New York if I wanted to go there. . .

Does your Z provide enjoyment that other vehicles lack? If you've ever loved your Vette, at some point you will be sorry you let it go. Just my :2cents

A really bad choice of words to justify keeping something. When you substitute GF/BF or spouse for Vette, it sure changes opinions. It's been 42 years since the first ex-wife and I'm still not sorry for that decision.

A really bad choice of words to justify keeping something. When you substitute GF/BF or spouse for Vette, it sure changes opinions. It's been 42 years since the first ex-wife and I'm still not sorry for that decision.

..ooohh K

Hey Tom, the vette is an inanimate object, the same rules of attraction don't apply....

Don't ask questions, to which you do not want to know the asnwer.

Every time I even think of parting with my vette, I think of that feeling I got after I owned it for 24 hours...

"...I'm never gonna be without one of these".

Every time I even think of parting with my vette, I think of that feeling I got after I owned it for 24 hours...

"...I'm never gonna be without one of these".

EXACTLY!

Though I don't get to drive mine as often as I like, I'd hate to ever be without one...Besides, there is a difference between "confortable" and "comforting"...

Though I don't get to drive mine as often as I like, I'd hate to ever be without one...Besides, there is a difference between "confortable" and "comforting"...

Perfect response!

Also to answer your original question, as soon as you see the "new owner" driving off into the sunset with your baby!!!

I bought my new c7 and still love my c5 and kept it. Just drove the c5 to payson and back for a cruise.

Hey Tom, the vette is an inanimate object, the same rules of attraction don't apply....

Apparently you didn't know how inanimate my first wife became.

Talk about a poor choice of words. There is NO comparison between the two situations.

And if you need an explanation as to why, then you are a lost cause.

Our C6Z is for weekend trips and once in awhile I will drive it into town, the thought of ever getting rid of this car does not cross my mind. Every time I run it through some gears and feel/hear that 427 pulling like a freight train brings a smile to my face. My daily driver is a 2013 Tundra, Wife drives a Cadillac SRX, and we also have a lifted Jeep Wrangler to play with off road.

Yanno, I never thought mine would be relegated to the garage and my Sunday morning coffee/paper drive but life happens and it pretty much is a garage queen now. However, the couple hours I take it out every week just remind me how hard I worked to get it and how much I truly enjoy it. It really is a stress reliever for me.

I've thought about letting it go but know I'd just get another. It's been long paid off and the money is building in the bank account for the next one

If I was to bet I'd say the "create comfort" your really lacking in the car which prevents you from driving it daily is the automatic transmission. If I had to go through the gears everyday during stop and go rush hour traffic I wouldn't want to drive it either likely

Yanno, I never thought mine would be relegated to the garage and my Sunday morning coffee/paper drive but life happens and it pretty much is a garage queen now. However, the couple hours I take it out every week just remind me how hard I worked to get it and how much I truly enjoy it. It really is a stress reliever for me.

I concur with my homie. Its my anti-depressant