vettes at Bondurant

Fabfreak

I'm not active with ACE but frequently peruse the website. Nice photos, and I was there. If a Vette isn't worth getting on the track at least once a year, it's not worth owning! :checkerdflag:

I'm not active with ACE but frequently peruse the website. Nice photos, and I was there. If a Vette isn't worth getting on the track at least once a year, it's not worth owning! :checkerdflag:

Hey, first post.... :bounce017:

Welcome to :ACE:

I was all signed up & ready to go. Then a month prior my family decided to have a family reunion the weekend of Bondurant.

Oh well sometimes family comes first

Desertdawg, on 31 Oct 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Hey, first post....

Welcome to :ACE:

Thanks much. I'm mostly an information gatherer, and there's a lot of good stuff on here.

The two day Corvettes @ Bondurant was a blast. I hoped to meet some ACE members, but I guess most don't do performance driving?

The instruction at Bondurant is always top notch, and there is never any pressure. It's just a good opportunity to find out what your Vette will do. Mostly what you can do with it. You just go at your own pace, and on the two tracks you could get off at any time, and do one or two laps instead of the 5 or so at a time. Actually that applied to everything we did, autocross, emergency avoidance, drag strip, etc.

I'm one of those guys that will run it to the limit for a bit, or should I say my limit, and any small battle scars just add to the cars character. Doesn't look like I picked up anything of note, even with getting the right side tires into the dirt once, and I don't think anyone else did either.

Just a good time meeting a lot of guys who love Vettes.

We've done some autoXing in the past and a few do Indie regularly.

A lot of us do cruises, and lunches, during the cooler months we might even get a detail day or two together.

if you want to plan an event, your always welcome to do so, we'll help all we can....

And please feel free to add your advise or knowledge on ACE, we won't start picking on you until you do something stupid :lol

MidNiteFury01

Welcome to :ACE: !

If you like performance driving... Desert Street Cars is hosting an event on Dec.6th at Inde (Wilcox, AZ).

www.azsolo.com could be a fun place for you for autocrossing events. Check out various NCCC club calendars in the area, they post up autocrossing events too. Sierra Vista (TVS) hosts at two a year, Tucson Corvette Club hosts at least one per year, and a few Phoenix clubs work with the Porsche Club to host a couple a year, usually at Bondurant. Tucson SCCA (Border Region SCCA) hosts an event every month at the Marana Airport.

Hope to see you around some more Ace events. Welcome!!!