Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chip4

Emissions and NPP

chip4

I'm going to take my 07 C6 Z06 for is emissions test today, I have a NPP M2W controller -Do I leave the valves open or closed? I almost never close those things. Also I a have skip shift eliminator -Will this be an issue? Car is stock other than those items mentioned.

old yeller

They just plugged mine in and checked the gas cap, out the door I went.

ChadC

you will be fine. no issues at all.

infact you should do a wicked burn out inside the bay.

...they like that sort of thing,

chip4

Yeah just got it done, I was worried that they would stick a sniffer in the exhaust and find out that the valves were open (M2W needed new batteries). They just checked the gas cap, plugged in an OBD cable and looked for "Check engine" lights. Dint even put it on rollers.

Oh heres a queue cam for anyone that needs this done to see if there are long lines. http://65.82.88.75/queuecam/stationview.exe

Fabfreak

If you're insured as a "collector car" wouldnt that make it emissions exempt regardless of year?  

Azmotorhead

No your car needs to be at least 25 yrs old and insured as a classic/collector car

Unreal

I know several people who have collector car status on newer cars. Just need to get collector car insurance and show that to them, and no issue. Different companies have different rules.

As you found out, only thing that matters is no CE lights, emissions flags ready, and gas cap. 

chadmac99c5

was wondering about emissions testing here. I have long tubes npp mild to wild switch.. no cats.... 0/2 sensors working and no check engine lite. Am I good on a test.?

P51tj

Sounds close to the same set up I had on my C5.... no issues.... Just make sure no CEL and no codes.

Bigfoot

As long as they O2's are "tuned out" you should be fine.

y2krtaf
On 9/8/2015 at 7:58 PM, Azmotorhead said:

No your car needs to be at least 25 yrs old and insured as a classic/collector car

Unreal is correct,I have my 2000 Dak in sured as a collector/classic and no longer have to run it through emissions.

Azmotorhead

good thing to know that age isnt a limiting factor for a collector vehicle

badbobs95
11 hours ago, Azmotorhead said:

good thing to know that age isnt a limiting factor for a collector vehicle

Phil, are you making a joke about my age again? I insured mine the day I bought it at American Classic almost 6 years ago. No emissions tests and full coverage with 0 deductible for about $500 a year with 25K declared value. Long tubes, no cats, x pipe, and no codes, not that anybody ever looked.