Black on Black C6 - Too hot for Phoenix?

Garry in AZ

Hi everyone, this is my first post, I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to Corvettes. I am looking at a C6 Grand Sport, but I'm worried it's going to be a really hot car, since the exterior and interior are black. I'd like to hear opinions from fellow Arizonans on this color combo. I can buy the car for a fair price, but the color concerns me. Is this a car to avoid in our location, or am I worried about nothing?

Thanks in advance,

Garry

Gilbert, AZ

As the owner of a Black on Black Charger and a Nassau Blue Corvette - I see no difference.

Had a black Pontiac G8 prior and saw no difference there either - JL's Mistress is Black on Black - his is a C6 - may want to reach out to him

I say go for it!

For what its worth, I had an '02 coupe, ext silver, int red, and then and '03 Z06, black on black, and couldn't tell any difference as far as heat. There was one other difference; the black is harder to keep looking dust free!

Guest badbobs95

Two problems with black,

#1 by the time you're done dusting it off, it's time to start over again.

#2 by the time you're done dusting it off, it's time to start over again.

But it is beautiful! :boobies:

I concur with all the above and would only add that tinted windows seem to help a little in keeping interior temps tolerable.

And welcome to :ACE:

Thanks for the nice welcome, and all the good advice fellas. :yourock:

I won't be wary of a black car anymore. (Except for the cleaning!) :lol

Much appreciated!

Garry

Black is the BEST color for a Vette - assuming you don't mind dusting. . .

And this is coming from the owner of a RED vette! Carbon Flash looks much nicer than Black.

Hi and welcome to ACE...Black is the only color for me . Been driving Black cars in Ariz for a very long time , first one was 1993. Black is a way of life you will spend lots of time keeping it clean ...If you are not prepared to do that don't buy Black . If you are > welcome to the Darkside <.....

post-2123-0-06192000-1413425221_thumb.jp

As long as your windows are tinted it shouldn't be a problem. But as others have already stated....black is a dust magnet...other than that Black on Black is awesome....LOL

MidNiteFury01

Hi Gary - :welcome: to :ACE: from the far west side (Goodyear)! We're all a little :crazy in here...

As for the color, it doesn't matter, besides if you go fast enough the dust blows right off!

Hi Gary - :welcome: to :ACE: from the far west side (Goodyear)! We're all a little :crazy in here...

As for the color, it doesn't matter, besides if you go fast enough the dust blows right off!

I see triple digits fairly often and the dust is still there. How fast do I need to go?

Black is the BEST color for a Vette - assuming you don't mind dusting. . .

And this is coming from the owner of a RED vette! Carbon Flash looks much nicer than Black.

I don't like to dust!

My '76 was black and the '82 was charcoal - way too much work keeping them clean.

While I think black, and all it's various shades and permutations looks fantastic, they are too tough to keep clean to make me happy. My Vette time is so limited, I'd rather be driving than cleaning. Same as everyone else has said though, tint teh glass, and there will only be a couple degree difference between black and everything else.

MidNiteFury01

I see triple digits fairly often and the dust is still there. How fast do I need to go?

Self incrimination is never a good idea...

Self incrimination is never a good idea...

He is, of course, referring to teh race track... :angel

MidNiteFury01

Of course...

Guess, I should have said "if you go fast enough, no one sees the dust anyway." Much more defendable statement.

• 3 weeks later...

Black, red, silver, yellow. It doesn't matter. People talk shit about black being too hot all the time. Newsflash: When it's 115 degrees outside, it doesn't matter what color you have, it's just hot. I've had black on black, black on tan, silver on black, white on silver, black on brown, red on gray - doesn't matter. Hot is hot.

Get a California duster, a stack of microfibers, and buy stock in a quick detailing spray company though. You'll need lots of the stuff.