Thinking about a Camaro... Asking advice

Big Poppa

I miss my vette terribly and really don't need a $50k pickup for a daily driver, but do need a back seat even if it's small. So I'm thinking about getting a Camaro. It would be a ls3 6spd manual for sure, but I'm not super familiar with what to look for our avoid specific to that car. Like in vettes the 2001 and up had a better computer and intake etc...

Anyone know what to look for? Ideas? Advice?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Poppa

• Shifty

• Cross

• ChadC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you get a newer one, sit in it and make sure you are all right with the blind spots.

Guest badbobs95

If you get a newer one, sit in it and make sure you are all right with the blind spots.

My neighbor has a SS and she loves it. But she is about 4 foot 11!!!!!

I rented for a business trip and the guy said they were short of cars. He offered me a Lincoln but I asked if the Camaro sitting out in the lot was available. He looked at me rather funny. I'm sure he was thinking old guys should like Lincolns. Anyway, driving the Camaro for two days I wouldn't own one. The blind spots are terrible. Ergonomically they suck. I just couldn't get the thing to feel comfortable.

One of the guys here at work owns a ZL1, I'll ask him for any things to look out for.

Id rather try to find a low mileage caddy. If you need it to haul ass and asses. I think you will be too big for the camaro.

Horrid car, worst blind spots ever, horrible ergonomics. Buy a mustang, I'm not even kidding

Of course if you plan on a 2nd career as a stripper you have found your ride :thumbs

Quicksilver98

I have been thinking about changing things up for next year and Camaro was on my list. I haven't got around to driving one yet but plan on doing so soon. Been thinking of Mercedes SLK55 or SL500 maybe 4 or 5 yrs old or older depending on condition. No back seat but no worries....Hate back seat drivers anyways!

I like the newest style with the exception of the tails. However the blind spots are there but I didn't have any problems with comfort.

You could always buy your Vette back, seems she only really likes you.....

Back to topic I agree with the CTS-V Comments, it's perfect for what you want.

Yeah, I'd get a CTS-V. I had a 2010 V and I loved it but alas, I had to turn it in for a traditional grocery getter. :(

Will you even fit in a Camaro? And no, it's not a fat joke. Your height, like mine limits us on these cars. I sat in one and a Mustang, neither one would be comfortable to drive.

Haven't sat in one yet. Plan to do that next weekend. I have heard that they are a challenge for tall guys so... That may end this thought.

GTO would be fine but financing is gonna be an issue.

Ctsv has been high on my list for a while, but I'm afraid I won't be happy with it. No matter how much go they have they just aren't sports cars and I don't know that it will quiet the demon in me. Just like an srt8 300c..

Was looking at prices on the 1le cars and might be able to swing that. Maybe. At least that should have a lovely enough chassis to keep me happy.

Keep the comments coming. Except the mustang comments. Under no circumstances....

Keep the comments coming. Except the mustang comments. Under no circumstances....

im not kidding, but I rented a mustang for a week and its not a bad ride.

its cheap

you can make it go fast with little investment.

and there is a HUGE suppport/forum market for them.

I like the gen v camaro for two reasons only. Lsx powered and super easy to work on. Other than that they are terrible, crazy heavy, terrible ergonomics, and just blah. Even when they make 600 rwhp they feel like a turd. I would get a v, but if it came down to wanting something like a camaro I would do a new mustang way before a gen v camaro. Or a gt500.

so for shits n grins ( im not a fan of the Mustang body style. it looks too boring...

but sersously look at the 2015 model year

HOLEY CRAP they look good

2014-ford-mustang-boss-30-6_600x0w.jpg

2015-ford-mustang-f-35-lightning-ii.jpg

dude that looks good

I think you would be way happier in a CTS-V than a Camaro. The V has waymore get up and go, better ergonomics and I really believe you'll like the V over any other car. Test drive one and you won't be dissapointed.

I'm going to give the Camaro a serious look for my commuter car when the ol' Grand Prix gives up the ghost. Might be a while but it's on the list pretty close to the top. But then again I'm only 5'11" and 165 wet. So it should be a different fit for me then you. I've never sat in one so I can't comment on how it is. Might change once I get my butt some seat time though.

Dood. Stop with the mustangs. I'm a car racist. No matter how nice they may be I'm out. I just can't. And the race car version of almost anything looks sexy.

I plan to drive a v, and a Camaro. Like I said about the v, I'm worried that is too polished, not enough hooligan race car. Maybe it will surprise me...

I drove a CTS-V about a month ago. It was a brand new 2014. nice car but being used to the Z-06, there was no comparison in performance. Maybe I was expecting too much from the supercharger.......The car felt solid but heavy.

Well the Camaro will be heavy to so that shouldn't be a problem.
The Camaro is just not the answer here Poppa, CTS-V or a GT500.

If I were looking for a fun and fairly quick car with a back seat, a SRT8 Challenger would be at the top of my list.