NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My Son is looking for a used car 3500-4000.

Quicksilver98

My Son has been savng his money all summer to get a replacement car for his ole beater Grand AM. He now has about 4 grand saved up to get something. (Thats a lot of Subway sandwiches he had to make! LOL) I realize its not a big sum of cash... but to him it is. If anyone has something they are thinking of getting rid of in the near future let me know. He has taking a liking to Mitsubishi Eclipse or something similar to that. Looking for something with a V6 and auto but would consider 4 popper if its not a total dog. Thanks Casey

Bromley's Corvettes

How about a nice Ducati Motorcycle with only 8k miles on it:) Its right at his price range and gets great MPG:)

How about a nice Ducati Motorcycle with only 8k miles on it:) Its right at his price range and gets great MPG:)

He was thnkng of a motorcycle for a moment or two.....but wth the crazy stupid AZ drivers around this town it would be suicide! Back in February he was in a friends car that was broadsided by some idiot texting on a cellphone that ran a red light at 40mph and hit them so hard it fliped their car on its roof. Thankfully he was able to walk away.

Bromley's Corvettes

I hear you it is crazy ridding all over on a bike in az. I have had some close calls from young women texting and almost run me over. Its a fact that a lot of people dont see bikes and they dont care.

There's an early fourth gen Firebird that is red and pretty clean for sale near me in Peoria with a sign for 4000. If you want I can stop and get more info if you like.

There's an early fourth gen Firebird that is red and pretty clean for sale near me in Peoria with a sign for 4000. If you want I can stop and get more info if you like.

Thanks Ted....It seems insurance companies dont like young drivers in firebirds or camaros. Already priced one out down here. Thanks anyways

I've been thinking of getting rid of my '00 Sierra, but it's not in the greatest shape anymore and is not a small car and has a V8. :lol

Thanks Ted....It seems insurance companies dont like young drivers in firebirds or camaros. Already priced one out down here. Thanks anyways

As long as it's not a V8 it shouldn't be a problem. My son's first car was a 2000 Camaro RS. Insurance rates on it were no more than any other car.

Camaro5.jpg

I have a Mazda MX6 V6 but it's a manual. Nice and peppy though and for a 96 it's in good shape inside however the paint is not as lucky. I would let it go for less than 2800.

I have a Mazda MX6 V6 but it's a manual. Nice and peppy though and for a 96 it's in good shape inside however the paint is not as lucky. I would let it go for less than 2800.

I will run it by him....He would need to learn to drive a standard. Got nothin to train him on.

Ok, it's a decent car it was just sitting for a long time. I have been going through everything getting it ready to daily and probably sell. It's not perfect but it is a good car to start with, lots of fun, good ac, clean interior.

Quicksilver98

This Topic can be closed. He found a decent Cougar with V6 and auto like he wanted.