Alternator rebuild service

FNBADAZ06

Anyone know of and recommend a local Phoenix vendor who rebuilds alternators ?

I've got to repair the alternator in my Lexus GS400.

thanks

I have NEVER had a rebuilt Alt. or Starter last as long as the original.

I suggest a used unit from a salvage yard.

You might try Gen-Star Electric in Glendale - I think they are on 63rd Avenue.

Not sure about alternators, but this place rebuilt a couple of starters for me on old chevys that actually solved the "won't start when it's hot" issue that old chevy's are prone to get.

Bill Stegner Auto Electric

(602) 269-0523
2844 W McDowell Rd

Phoenix, AZ 85009

ya should just get a new rebuilt from the parts house ....

I understand that these Denso OEM alternators are damn near indestructable, and many a person have posted about getting remanfactured units from a different company that didn't last very long. New OEM Lexus units are 420.00+ .

Gen-Star says anywhere from 120 to 180, depending on parts needed. I'll reach out to Genco as well.

Toyota/Lexus, in their infinite wisdom, decided to package their V8 accessories with the alternator located directly beneath the power steering pump. Any leakage from the pump will land squarely on the alternator below it :( I've had some groaning coming from the p/s pump for the last 6 months, but put it off....possibly to my detriment LOL.

Hopefully my alternator and brushes doesn't look as bad as this guys.....holy smokes !!!!!

post-1190-0-78445000-1410982598_thumb.jp

Damn engineers !!! LOL

I have to pull the p/s pulley just to remove the alternator, so I guess it's about time I take care of the ailing p/s pump too.

Thanks for everyone's recommendations :thumbs:

Man as much bad luck you've had with cars over the past couple of years, I'd sell them and either take a bus or ride a bicycle and forget the hassel. :bannana4:

Check with http://www.autohausaz.com/ They have your OE alternator for less than $200 (I did a search, guessed yours to be a '99 GS400) Good source for OE import parts(I've gotten some Acura parts there, my bro for his BMW and Porcshe) They're kinda near Joe, but not sure if they allow pick-up orders.

Hey Vic, there is a place not far from you on Glendale ave and I think 62nd(ish). I had my alternator modded by them. Good work. 623-842-9453 give them a call.