New sound system

Guest badbobs95

Guest badbobs95

Finally got around to installing a new deck with all the goodies, a 10 inch sub, and a 1200 watt-4 channel amp. Now Buzz also rocks the neighborhood!

027_zps7ad5cf6d.jpg

029_zps1c071df6.jpg

Guest badbobs95

Looks good! :thumbs

Looks like you cut a hole in the cargo mat? I was going to cut mine but was worried it would fray.

Ya, me too. The protector ring on the sub comes off. So I traced it around the center lid and the mat. Those can easily be replaced but why would I? The holes came out so perfect The lid and mat went right around the ring. Looks good I think. And the sound is fabulous.

I had a sound system for a while, but it was just more than I could deal with for a DD, so I put the mufflers back on the car and the straight pipes back on the shelf.

Clean install BB. 1200 watts means a 40amp fuse and 4ga power wire ?

LOL I was thinking the same thing

..that and a new alternator

that is if that things actually puts out 1200 watts :-D

PS Id get a cover for that sub before a small loose object finds it way into that nice cup.

otherwise nice work. :thumbs

Congratulations!! The first undercover sheriff's car with a sound system. Is that part of your disguise? :btdfstop:

Guest badbobs95

Clean install BB. 1200 watts means a 40amp fuse and 4ga power wire ?

LOL I was thinking the same thing

..that and a new alternator

that is if that things actually puts out 1200 watts :-D

PS Id get a cover for that sub before a small loose object finds it way into that nice cup.

otherwise nice work. :thumbs

You are absolutely correct, Most amps do NOT have the power they claim to and I will come up with something to protect the cup. Not a worry and the sub sits low enough that I can still throw in chairs and what ever. I did a lot of the work but left the wiring to the pros, $85 not bad.

Guest badbobs95

Looks good BB. The sound system upgrade was my first mod. What amp/head unit did you get?

Boss amp (no big deal) and a Pioneer with bluetooth, hand-free, and more settings than I care to deal with :at wits end: but I'll get used to it. Definitely not as nice as yours but my needs are small! Kinda! :laughing gut bustin: I just bought another exhaust, the Magnaflow 15660. I'm just never satisfied. I loved the tone of the Basanni's but with the long tubes, too much droan.

JLs Mistress

Looks good BB. The sound system upgrade was my first mod. What amp/head unit did you get?

Boss amp (no big deal) and a Pioneer with bluetooth, hand-free, and more settings than I care to deal with :at wits end: but I'll get used to it. Definitely not as nice as yours but my needs are small! Kinda! :laughing gut bustin:I just bought another exhaust, the Magnaflow 15660. I'm just never satisfied. I loved the tone of the Basanni's but with the long tubes, too much droan.

Bob even without long tubes you would have droan trust me I know I have Basanni...