9/27/14 Historic Prescott All Corvette Car Show

vette4lyn

Registration will be in the mail tomorrow. We're staying at the Hotel St. Michael, so no early morning run this year. We'll have both the '64 and the '02 there representing ACE, again.

Good News!!!!!!

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vette4lyn

• C4orce2

• aenigma

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Desertdawg

There was a question as to what MOD refers to...

"Custom" entry is 5+ Mods. That is for ANY mod on your car, not just the engine. Hope this clarifies!

Lyn

So I have:

wide body

exhaust

tune

painted engine covers

Do the tires and rims to go with the wide body count as a seperate mod?

"Custom" entry is 5+ Mods. That is for ANY mod on your car, not just the engine. Hope this clarifies!

Lyn

So I have:

wide body

exhaust

tune

There is no real answer as to what a "mod" is. A couple of years ago I contacted NCCC to get their rules concerning what is "stock" vs. "modified" vs. "custom". Finally one of their people got back to me and told me that they have rules covering these issues but they only apply to concours shows. In AZ there is only one concours judged event that I attend and that is the Sweetheart show in Tempe put on by DCA each February. All the other shows I've attended in AZ (more than just a few) have not been concours events. For non-concours judged events NCCC has no rules at all and they told me that the club that hosts the event should decide what "stock", "modified" and "custom" mean. On one extreme I was told that I only had a few mods: engine; paint; interior; and wheels. That would make C4orce2 "stock". On the other extreme using the NCCC checklist for mods in concours events I stopped counting the mods on C4orce2 at 48. According to that rule everything added to your car that did not come with the car originally is a "mod", including each piece of bling in the engine bay.

So the real question is not how many mods you have to have to be "modified" or "custom", but rather what is a "mod". Since the Prescott show is not concours judged, Prescott Vette Sette determines what a "mod" is. In the case of C4orce2, I always go in the most modded class (modified or custom) to avoid any misunderstanding or hard feelings. Nothing makes an all original vette owner madder than to get beat in a "stock class" by a car that has a lot of mods. So I guess the only thing you can do is what Dawg has done here. Ask the club that is running the show what they consider your car to be after telling them what has been done.

Desertdawg

and I just edited my list after reading your reply.

I added painted engine covers...

and I just edited my list after reading your reply.

I added painted engine covers...

Decals.....cheater :lol

Lyn

So I have:

wide body

exhaust

tune

painted engine covers

Just got in. Will get an answer for you after running it by the car show registration chairpersons.

Larry... how much coffee did you have today??????? You response was pretty deep......

Lyn

So I have:

wide body

exhaust

tune

painted engine covers

Okay... got the answer! Any Mod is a Mod... You have 6 mods:

wide body

exhaust

tune

engine covers

tires

rims

You will be registering in the Custom class.

Lyn

So I have:

wide body

exhaust

tune

painted engine covers

Larry... how much coffee did you have today??????? You response was pretty deep......

I know, I know. Can't tell you how many people have asked me that question at car shows so I thought I'd try and get an answer from NCCC and that is what I found out. It's not an issue for me but a lot of guys wonder what class they should put their cars in. I always just refer them to the host club. See you soon!

I will be a last minute entry if I can go and if there is still a spot open. See when I get back from Huskerville and how I feel.

• 2 weeks later...
coconut girl

I just filled out my registration form and will mail it in today.

I have not missed a show yet.

I just filled out my registration form and will mail it in today.

I have not missed a show yet.

Glad you will be back for yet another year! Look forward to seeing you Pam.

Lyn

Ok, new question...

Am I in C6 or C6 wide body ??? :lol

Thanks for pointing this out Donna.

Just sent registration in for this Fun Event...

Awesome! ACE is gaining on most entries!

Hopefully I can get some votes for my black baby!

Hint hint wink wink

Ok, new question...

Am I in C6 or C6 wide body ??? :lol

Thanks for pointing this out Donna.

Good question, Dwayne!

Are they referring to "the way it left the factory", OR the result of the mods you have done to the car?? Do they delineate a "specific class" for ZO6's?? If so, the "wide body" should pertain to "mods".

WHY must it be so difficult??

OR perhaps you were referring to something else to qualify for the "wide body" class..............

I CAN MAKE THAT ONE EASY!!!!!

:eat: :eat:

Regarding the wide body question, Lyn is checking with the judges and will have an answer back for us next week.

My guess is that Dawg's car will be in the C6 Custom class, not the C6 Wide Body or C6 Wide Body Custom classes. Usually the only cars in the Wide Body classes are the Zs, the GSs and the ZR1s. If a base C6 was modded with a wide body kit, that puts the car in the C6 Custom class. The registration form also states that the C6 Wide Body classes are for GSs, Z06s and ZR1s, which would not include C6 modded pumpkins like Dawg's. But what the hell do I know!!

My guess is that Dawg's car will be in the C6 Custom class, not the C6 Wide Body or C6 Wide Body Custom classes. Usually the only cars in the Wide Body classes are the Zs, the GSs and the ZR1s. If a base C6 was modded with a wide body kit, that puts the car in the C6 Custom class. The registration form also states that the C6 Wide Body classes are for GSs, Z06s and ZR1s, which would not include C6 modded pumpkins like Dawg's. But what the hell do I know!!

This explanation sounds like the right answer to me but I am not judging. I am working on it to have the correct answer for you all as soon as I know it.

Lyn

This explanation sounds like the right answer to me but I am not judging. I am working on it to have the correct answer for you all as soon as I know it.

Lyn

Well I got the word from the "higher ups". As I suspected, Larry's explanation above is the correct version of the rules. So Larry... you do know a hell of a lot!!! And you should with as many car shows as you have been in...!

So Dawg is in the C6 Custom class. Thanks for bringing this up so we could get clarification. You can now send in those registration forms you have been waiting on to send in.

Lyn

Any C4 Wide Body Class?

No wide body class for C4's. Just too few C4 ZR1's out there. It came with wide body from the factory so it will be in Stock class.

Where are people staying?

At home. I just drive up in the morning and back home in the late afternoon. :laughing gut bustin:

do u mine if we tag along with u?