9/27/14 Historic Prescott All Corvette Car Show

vette4lyn

Just a reminder MY black Beauty really needs a Trophy this year!!!

Please Vote for me!!! hahahahahahah no really VOTE FOR HER!!!

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vette4lyn

• C4orce2

• aenigma

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest badbobs95

PLEASE, PLEASE, no more giving Larry credit for knowing anything! I can't take it! :boobies: I was on the bubble the last couple years between stock and custom but I know now I will be in custom from now on because I've added new sway-bar end links. :wtf: Just kidding. No more stock for me. Brian gets that vote for persistence. :at wits end: And as usual, Mark wins for custom hands down! I'm just yellow with envy! :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

Updating the numbers...

ACE - 23 registrations

Fast Glass - 33 registrations

:facepalm: Geeeeze guys.... get it goin!

Lyn

Paypal........IN!

Entry form........IN!

The gap is single digits, and the momentum begins

Updating the numbers...

ACE - 23 registrations

Fast Glass - 33 registrations

:facepalm: Geeeeze guys.... get it goin!

Lyn

Paypal........IN!

Entry form........IN!

The gap is single digits, and the momentum begins

GOOD JOB JIMBO!!! :ACE:

:bananaparty:

COME ON ACE!!

YOU WANNA BE SHOWN UP BY ANOTHER CORVETTE GROUP?

GET THOSE ENTRIES IN!!!!

Remember ACEholes, there is a 275 car limit. So don't assume you can wait till the last minute to register or even just show up and register day of show. This show often sells out so get your registration in soon or you may be shut out!

We want at least 40+. C'mon gang, this is a blast, even if you only come up for the day of the show. Whiskey Row the night before is the stuff legend is made of, especially once Marco finally gets out of bed Friday afternoon & makes his way up

Enter

Enter

Enter

:thumbs

PLEASE, PLEASE, no more giving Larry credit for knowing anything! I can't take it! :boobies: I was on the bubble the last couple years between stock and custom but I know now I will be in custom from now on because I've added new sway-bar end links. :wtf: Just kidding. No more stock for me. Brian gets that vote for persistence. :at wits end: And as usual, Mark wins for custom hands down! I'm just yellow with envy! :laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

No worries there Bob. Probably not going to be able to make it this year anyway. I would register but I don't want to take a spot away from someone else and not be able to go, then I would make someone else mad at me for taking the spot and not showing. Right now I'm at 85% not and 25% can....I always give 110%.... :laughing gut bustin:

Forgot to add, it's not me you have to worry about anyway. If I remember right, and I have been wrong before, but didn't Cherye win it last year??.

Still can not get on to the registration page it sends me to a build your web site.

Guess I am not wanted for this show......

Must be my Computer ????

OKAY Printed out filled out and now mailed out.........................

Excuse me for getting on my soap box for this post. The last year I was a member of brand X corvette club, we of course had the most cars there and won a lot of trophies, including me. Most of those that attended for that club were not car show people and the Prescott show was the only show most of them ever intended each year. The then president of the club and his wife were pressing all the club members to vote for other club member cars, and in particular theirs, and as a result of that the president's car won "Best Custon Corvette", one of the top two awards at the show. His car won even though he never put up his hood or even rolled down his windows. I did not vote for his car (I never vote for any car that has its hood down) and there were several much better C6 custom cars, including one form ACE. I was totally embarrassed by that win and that club's reputation was damaged. In fact, that is one of the reasons I left that club.

Over the last year I have heard over and over again that the biggest trophy winning clubs were that club and ACE since we were the clubs with the most cars there. No one ever told me that those two clubs won the most trophies because they had the best cars. You know that I have won a lot of awards over the years and in most cases at shows where I had no support from ACE at all. When I win something at those shows it is because of my car, not me, and that makes me feel that what I have done to the car is appreciated.

Having said all that if you are going to the Prescott show please do not vote for C4orce2 unless you truly feel it is the best C4 Custom at the show. There will be several great cars in my class and if I win something I want it to be because the participants at the show like my car, not because my fellow ACEholes voted for me! I want a lot of ACEholes at the show so we can win the club participation award for the second year in a row, not because I want guaranteed votes. OK, I'll get off the soap box. sorry!!

Larry... well said! You should absolutely vote for the corvette you WANT to vote for and not because someone wants you to vote for their car. Make your own decision!!!! Nuff said!!!

wickedfastvette

In my opinion even though it doesn't matter much, I think the most important trophy to win at this show is the greatest club participation award.

Come on guys we need to win this award this year and not a tie either. Lets do this!

In my opinion even though it doesn't matter much, I think the most important trophy to win at this show is the greatest club participation award.

Come on guys we need to win this award this year and not a tie either. Lets do this!

Cherye, you are absolutely right! I think Jim's estimate is correct, we will need at least 40 cars to win again. We should be able to do that easily!!! :ACE:

Do we have any numbers on registration yet?

I normally just come up and spectate but could be convinced to register if it put ACE over the top.

wickedfastvette

I normally just come up and spectate but could be convinced to register if it put ACE over the top.

REGISTER!!

As of yesterday.... ACE - 23 and that other club - 33

135 total car show registrants to date, well ahead of last year at this point in time!

coconut girl

I think this is the biggest Corvette Car show in Arizona. Maybe the South West. Corvettes come from all over the US.

If you have never been you are missing out.

You don't have to have the perfect show car to enter! 75% of the cars are just regular corvettes.

Even if you only plan to come up and look you can't get a better parking spot than putting your car in the show.

Downtown Prescott is beautiful anyway but with 275 Corvettes taking over downtown it is even more beautiful.

Ace probably has a couple hundred members...where are you?????

As of today.....

ACE - 24

Fast Glass - 34 (they gained one!)

Come on you guys, you can do it!!!!

Aug 27th the registration price goes up $5 bucks from $35 to $40... just sayin'.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It has now been confirmed by the "powers at be" that the "club participation" award is given out to the club that has the most cars REGISTERED, not to the club that has the most cars at the show. So even if some of you ACEholes are afraid that you may not be able to make the show, if you register your car will be counted for purposes of determining which club has the best participation. Of course it would be better if you can actually go and enjoy the show, but if you are not sure, still register now (it supports a good cause in any event), if you wait until you are sure, it may be too late to register since they cut off registrations at 275 cars!!! :ACE:

JLs Mistress

Larry doesn't want to mention names ? But I think he means Andrew and Robert the other Ray , Jay team..

joe@cpr.com

pffftt the most epic looking C5 ever will be attending this show, I am very excited to show off all the new goodies and new paint job :)

pffftt the most epic looking C5 ever will be attending this show, I am very excited to show off all the new goodies and new paint job :)

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing it complete. :thumbs