9/27/14 Historic Prescott All Corvette Car Show

vette4lyn

Most of you aren't aware of how FG operates. They have two levels of "members". You can be just a member with basically no rights. Then you can be a voting member by attending seven meetings a yr and planning or as they call it captaining an event. This allows some of their snowbirds to be members.

Don't give Dawg and Greg ideas. They would want two classes of members for ACE also: the upper class would be for all vettes other than C4s; and the lower class would be for the "throw away generation" C4s. :facepalm:

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vette4lyn

• C4orce2

• aenigma

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't able to make it this year. Had water issues in my house when I got back from vacation that had priority. You were right that the car was covered but it was tucked away nice and safe in my garage sorry to say.

Yeah, I read you had water problems of your own. Sorry you couldn't make it.

ACE RULES enough said!!!

Right, what you just said!!! We had a PVS monthly meeting last night. I read a couple of emails that I received and said that you all had a great time and even LOVED the rain! All of our members thought you were the best "club" (or non as you prefer) in Arizona. They think you guys are GREAT!

Dawg... sorry I couldn't hook you up with Mike Furman. We were walking around all morning together while I was taking photos. He shocked the hell our of my hubby and I. Everyone knew he was coming from Maryland but us! He surprised us at the Fri reception. I have talked to him for about 3 yrs on the phone or email...almost every day! I have sent a lot of business his way... who else has the allocation? He courtesy delivers all over the country. Had three trucks deliver to his dealership today... I have the photos! If anyone is thinking of making the purchase just ask Exflirt! She is on his list.

Lyn

So, I was thinking..

Aww Crap, who told the FNG he could think ???

No problem Lyn, if we ever get to the point of buying a new one I know who to talk to.

BTW, where was exflirt ????

So, I was thinking..

No problem Lyn, if we ever get to the point of buying a new one I know who to talk to.

Right? I'll go back in my hole now...

We did have a blast though...

Looks like lots of talk but not much substance there. Just sayin'. . .

I just laughed so hard and I'm not sure it was that funny but I can't quit laughing!

So, I was thinking..

Did your wife ever come down? We were looking for you guys at the show. Glad you made the drive in at least.

I just laughed so hard and I'm not sure it was that funny but I can't quit laughing!

So, I was thinking..

Did your wife ever come down? We were looking for you guys at the show. Glad you made the drive in at least.

Yes - right on time to get in the car and drive to shelter... Met allot of great folks at Gurley grill to watch flood action... Had a great time and really enjoyed the event - great job by all the organizers. Even nicer surprise was winning a trophy and our group getting one as well... See you at C&C?

So, I was thinking..

Exflirt probably didn't make it since she doesn't have her Vett just yet!

So, I was thinking..

Yes - right on time to get in the car and drive to shelter... Met allot of great folks at Gurley grill to watch flood action... Had a great time and really enjoyed the event - great job by all the organizers. Even nicer surprise was winning a trophy and our group getting one as well... See you at C&C?

Not sure. I don't like getting up that early on a Saturday morning. It has to be pretty important for me to get up, like a house fire.

Is anyone going to Corvettes and Caffeine Saturday? Is someone bringing trophies from the Prescott Show? I appreciate whomever brings them.

Even though the rain shortened it we had a blast.

Thanks

Jimmy

Wow we are a "non-club" that's F'n AWSOME! Let the little bitches have their meaningless trophy. We know who had the most Corvettes and participation at the show. I like the ideal of an Acehole shirt that says the biggest "non-club" kicking your ass for the next show. We can hand out pasafiers to all the other "clubs". ACE is bad ass!!!

So I'm just curious. I know this is all about the charity so it doesn't matter at all. But, everyone knew how hard ACE was pushing to win the most members at the show, and for quite awhile. Was this a decision made right before the show to make a non-club category? Or was it already decided at some point?

Either way, the push was fun to follow.

So I'm just curious. I know this is all about the charity so it doesn't matter at all. But, everyone knew how hard ACE was pushing to win the most members at the show, and for quite awhile. Was this a decision made right before the show to make a non-club category? Or was it already decided at some point?

It was decided over a month ago at one of the meetings... I for one didn't like the idea but was out voted... I have no say on that committee since I am just the lowly... webperson!

It was decided over a month ago at one of the meetings... I for one didn't like the idea but was out voted... I have no say on that committee since I am just the lowly... webperson!

But as stated earlier.... ACE is a shoe in for a trophy every yr if this car show does continue!

I know you saw the excitement all along on here to beat fast glass right up to the week of the show. Couldn't everyone have been told then?

Again, I just love the show and the fun of everyone. I really hope it continues. I look forward to it every year.

From what I know, there were some that $30 meant something and they joined just for ACE to win. Times can be tough and we've all felt the crunch at some point in our lives. Maybe it would've been better to mention that.

Regardless, it's an awesome cause.

How about calling it, "Highest group participation award"? Then you could still have "Highest club participation award".

Non club just doesn't make sense to me.

I know you saw the excitement all along on here to beat fast glass right up to the week of the show. Couldn't everyone have been told then?

Again, I just love the show and the fun of everyone. I really hope it continues. I look forward to it every year.

I wasn't supposed to say anything about the trophies..... sorry.

Non club...I'm with Ted, makes zero sense...This was kind of like fixing a fight lol.

I think we need a t-shirt with "ACE Gang Member (insert member # here)" along with our mug shot... :)

You know that the more I think about it the funnier it is...hey, the ACE gang is moving in on our own turf we need to do something. Hey, since we can, let's add another category..let's see...GOT IT! Since they are so proud of not being a club....then let's not say a thing...ok, nobody say a dam thing and don't post the categories until after. Wow

It's similar to those political ads running now where they think it's ok to withhold the truth or sling mud at the other politicians! Bahahahahahahahahaha

It's similar to those political ads running now where they think it's ok to withhold the truth or sling mud at the other politicians! Bahahahahahahahahaha

My vote is for Lisa!!! Oh wait, depends on what u r running for???