9/27/14 Historic Prescott All Corvette Car Show

vette4lyn

I echo your statement C4orce2

whats important is getting a head count to benefit a charity ($$$). I that means a political compromise for a piece of plastic. so be it.

I actually take this slight as a badge of honor.

-ACE did not create trouble

-ACE is the larger (stronger?) group

-ACE does not play politics.

Trophy or not, we all know whom had the bigger head count.

and we did not have to whine to get it.

oh and Larry for you......

...... In every group you will find troublemakers (ours is Chad :laughing gut bustin: ) ......

f5IZf6A.gif

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vette4lyn

• C4orce2

• aenigma

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My cents: who cares who says what? If people are ridiculous enough to whine about what a club is and isn't, they're really not getting the most out of their lives.

I like ACE. Because it's filled with interesting, cool, whacky, odd people (including myself lol). I don't have to act stuffy or that I'm cool to be around you all. I consider ACE a club. Just because you don't collect dues or have a set meeting every month doesn't make ACE not a club.

Here's the definition of club: an association or organization dedicated to a particular interest or activity.

Huh.......some of us want to buck the system and say we're not a club but in reality we are. The definition doesn't say "must collect dues and meet at a certain time".

Every time I use the word club in our group I get beat down in a fun way. I think it's a fun topic to hear both sides banter about but it really is too bad that officially we got pushed out in the way we did. Especially after having the most vettes at the show.

I'm sure there was lobbying by other "Clubs" (aka whiners) to create the "non-club" category. Eff em', let the babies have their bottle, ACE kicked ass and they all know it

Awesome job everyone! :thumbs

Thats funny, but we should use 2001 :thumbs

I hear you guys and Mo, and agree. I shouldn't give a shit about the other clubs and mooning them would be a waste of time.

The UOCC has been around awhile, I don't have any idea who started it but the mirrored ACE's idea then added tons of rules.

Kinda cool how thier website has no events listed or names anywhere, "You can be a member "by our choice"". :lol

whats important is getting a head count to benefit a charity ($$$). I that means a political compromise for a piece of plastic. so be it.

Chad..... this is exactly correct! ACE had the most in participation by at least 10 and I didn't agree with having another trophy but that is what they went with. It doesn't matter if you pay dues and have officers or not, it's all about the numbers and ACE won hands down.

Larry was right when he mentioned that it is all about getting people registered..... the main focus: $$$'s for our Charity. Many people (FG) lose sight of that important little item.

ACE aint no club, we a gang.......I'm sure others feel that way about us...LOL!!!

That's it!!! That's what I'm calling us from now on. It sounds so bad ass. Lol

ACE aint no club, we a gang.......I'm sure others feel that way about us...LOL!!!

That's it!!! That's what I'm calling us from now on. It sounds so bad ass. Lol

apparently the ACE Gang is a group of British teenager girls and their adventures of kissing (snogging)

The_Ace_Gang___Sven__color__by_Svenly.jp

Ace-Gang-eleanor-tomlinson-10033170-600-

17800_marvy-angus-thongs-and-perfect-sno

I would not look good ina school girl outfit.

wickedfastvette

Yeah we're the ACEHOLE gang.

Is that better than being a gang of ACEholes ???

Yes ACEHOLE gang is more catchy kind of like the James gang.

I will be at C & C on Saturday. Thank you whomever brings the trophies on Saturday. I appreciate it.

The Prescott show was my first. My wife and I had a lot of fun.

Jimmy Valkos

Chad..... this is exactly correct! ACE had the most in participation by at least 10 and I didn't agree with having another trophy but that is what they went with. It doesn't matter if you pay dues and have officers or not, it's all about the numbers and ACE won hands down.

Larry was right when he mentioned that it is all about getting people registered..... the main focus: $$$'s for our Charity. Many people (FG) lose sight of that important little item.

We had a blast at the show like we do every year and while it sucked that it rained, it was indeed memorable!! Thanks to all the ACEHOLES that came by the Vettesthetics booth and showed their support!!!

As for the NON club vs. Club thing goes, I am laughing a bit today about this because essentially what they have done is conceded the fact that ACE would beat them every year and instead of competiting with us have basically handed ACE its own "They are better than us" award every year. I am OK with knowing that... ACE Rules!

I will be at C & C on Saturday. Thank you whomever brings the trophies on Saturday. I appreciate it.

The Prescott show was my first. My wife and I had a lot of fun.

Jimmy Valkos

Well don't count on the awards being there Saturday, we have not heard that yet. In any event, it will be good to see everyone there as usual. :ACE:

Nice video Lyn. The only thing missing is a purple C5 custom..... :)

It must have been covered up to protect it from the rain!!!!!! Sorry I missed it....

I wasn't able to make it this year. Had water issues in my house when I got back from vacation that had priority. You were right that the car was covered but it was tucked away nice and safe in my garage sorry to say.

Somebody needs to Photoshop a "Sons of ACEholes" logo for us to wear now that we are a gang.

So, I was thinking... If we became a gang it would then cause more consternation amongst the holly powers, immediately forcing them into a special tribal council and creating yet another trophy category... The "Gang" category must be born.

However, you know it will not stop there... This tribal action will bring additional focus on the lack of sub categories; this action will then spin off or spawn additional sub categories, we would then have a "Club Gang", "Non-Club Gang", "Gang's for Cause", Gang's without Cause", "Gangs for profit", Gangs with no profit", Etc, Etc, Etc...

I propose we do the opposite and "go with the flow"... We will formalize AceHoles as a "club"... I know what some of you are saying - "shoot this FNG now!!!"... "We should've done it in Prescott behind Bucky's Saturday night when we had the chance!!!"

But, wait - I will never pose a problem without a solution - The solution is a as follows;

Rules:

Rule #1 - A $1.00 annual (Yes, One American Dollar) membership fee, otherwise known as "dues", will be assessed to all "Club" members

Rule #2 - There are "NO" further fricking rules!!!

There - problem solved... No need for another category - No need for a special tribal councils - No brains - No headaches...

Most of you aren't aware of how FG operates. They have two levels of "members". You can be just a member with basically no rights. Then you can be a voting member by attending seven meetings a yr and planning or as they call it captaining an event. This allows some of their snowbirds to be members.