9/27/14 Historic Prescott All Corvette Car Show

vette4lyn

Hey, the rain only made the show that much more memorable - at least for us. We had a great time with you other ACEholes, even though we didn't get to meet everyone. After we moved the car to the parking garage, we went to the pizza place that was across from where we were all parked. While we were there, the pizza place was flooded out. It was quite a sight to behold: watching trash can floating down the street, bouncing off the couple vettes that had been left in-place. When we got back to the Hotel St. Michael, that red vett was gone, so it must not have been damaged by the water. The tree sap does wash right-off. Sunday morning came and it was hard to believe it had rained so hard and much the day before.

Dave64

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vette4lyn

• C4orce2

• aenigma

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wickedfastvette

We had a blast, thanks Lyn and please pass on to the Prescott Vette Set our thanks too.

Sorry I bitched about the tree sap, I won't do it again :lol

Not a problem! You are the ONLY "club" that had a great time!!! Wet or dry.... They should all take your lead. All they are interested in is "since you called the show early, how do we know who won and how do we get our trophies"........ Get a grip... we will get back to you!

Just curious who posted this video?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bda2OK5pIY

I would like to use it on the website.... do I have your permission?

Lyn

Lyn it was one of my friends on facebook that posted it up and I shared it I will see if it is okay.

We had a blast, thanks Lyn and please pass on to the Prescott Vette Set our thanks too.

Not a problem! You are the ONLY "club" that had a great time!!! Wet or dry.... They should all take your lead. All they are interested in is "since you called the show early, how do we know who won and how do we get our trophies"........ Get a grip... we will get back to you!

Lyn

Now you know why most of the ACEholes are not members of any of the "clubs". Life is too short!

What's the difference between a participating club and a non participating club?

Looks like those other guys were pretty good at pooling their votes together... Is this why car show voting sucks :lol

We had a great time even though Rita slept through most of it... Met some great people and saw a bunch of nice rides... Thanks to all who organized this event and to Larry for bringing all the Aceholes together for the cruise in. Nice to see we took up the entire block. Cant wait to get us back together again especially, to celebrate John's birthday "again"...

I'm sure there was lobbying by other "Clubs" (aka whiners) to create the "non-club" category. Eff em', let the babies have their bottle, ACE kicked ass and they all know it

Awesome job everyone! :thumbs

What's the difference between a participating club and a non participating club?

Looks like those other guys were pretty good at pooling their votes together... Is this why car show voting sucks :lol

Well I know last year when ACE beat Fast Glass for the club participation award, many of the "real clubs" complained that ACE isn't a real "club" since we don't charge dues or have officers. So to make peace it looks like Prescott Vette Sette decided to have several participation awards so the other "real clubs" have a chance to win again. Just my :2cents .

In answer to your second question, YES, at least car shows that have participant voting. But what are you going to do? I like shows that are judged by judges instead, but then you have to wonder if the judges know anything about vettes at all. Some of those judges actually like ORANGE cars and obviously know very little!!! :laughing gut bustin:

I'm sure there was lobbying by other "Clubs" (aka whiners) to create the "non-club" category. Eff em', let the babies have their bottle, ACE kicked ass and they all know it

You hit the nail on the head. They were whining that ACE is not an actual "club" so we created another category for both. You both got trophies! I didn't agree but I was out voted....

Hey Lyn in the notes it says that Jimmy and I tied for 1st how does that work?

I believe you will each receive a trophy when there is a tie. Pam is the one that would know the answer.

Had a great time at this event! To bad the weather shut us down :( We are looking forward to next year and showing off even more crazy stuff!!

post-1028-0-07496100-1412041650_thumb.jp

post-1028-0-03029900-1412041656_thumb.jp

post-1028-0-69558600-1412041665.jpg

Lyn

Lyn it was one of my friends on facebook that posted it up and I shared it I will see if it is okay.

I think it is too late.... sorry! It has gone viral. It is now national on Corvetted.com. Your friend should be proud!!! If you click on my voting link it will get you to the car show page and you will see some other things listed and one is the video. My friend Rick Tavel who writes and manages Corvetted.com (that link also on the car show page) picked it up and ran with it. It was an amazing video and I was standing in all that water up to my knees trying to get to MY car! Hope it is okay with your friend....

Lyn

I think it is too late.... sorry! It has gone viral. It is now national on Corvetted.com. Your friend should be proud!!! If you click on my voting link (post #649) it will get you to the car show page and you will see some other things listed and one is the video. My friend Rick Tavel who writes and manages Corvetted.com (that link also on the car show page) picked it up and ran with it. It was an amazing video and I was standing in all that water up to my knees trying to get to MY car! Hope it is okay with your friend....

Cherye, if you would, could you bring my trophy down also or if you see Eddie 44 give it to him if I'm not around. Thanks Mike

Ok just got off the phone with Pam they are not going to give the trophies out yet, they want to do something with all the clubs to make it special, so I am not going to come down to Phoenix just to bring a few t-shirts so I told her to give the shirts to you Hal) or another ACE member tomorrow I guess they are meeting with the other clubs and Dennis Stringer tomorrow to get it worked out, who is representing ACE in this meeting??? She didn't know who it was.

Hal I didn't not believe you I was just getting confused with the different messages that we were getting.

She also said ACE did very well!!! (trophies) :peter:

Totally understand .... no worries ... i'll go ahead and answer her email and try to hook up to get the "left overs"

Will confirm with everyone here as to distribution of same .... if all works out this week .... i'll have em at C&C on Sat.

Well I know last year when ACE beat Fast Glass for the club participation award, many of the "real clubs" complained that ACE isn't a real "club" since we don't charge dues or have officers. So to make peace it looks like Prescott Vette Sette decided to have several participation awards so the other "real clubs" have a chance to win again. Just my :2cents .

In answer to your second question, YES, at least car shows that have participant voting. But what are you going to do? I like shows that are judged by judges instead, but then you have to wonder if the judges know anything about vettes at all. Some of those judges actually like ORANGE cars and obviously know very little!!! :laughing gut bustin:

We must have officers as their is the ACE salute. Also it's my understanding The Comish paid dues for a couple of days. I know the feeling. Had a good time even with the rain. I think the only ones who suffered were the businesses that got flooded and the vendors that didn't get a full day to sell their wares. Thanks to Dave again for the room.

You hit the nail on the head. They were whining that ACE is not an actual "club" so we created another category for both. You both got trophies! I didn't agree but I was out voted....
WoW... Just WOW !!!!

If they want to do a ceremony for awards, I'm sure ACE can show up and cause ..err have some fun.

(I bet none of them are reading this so it will be a cool surprise)

WoW... Just WOW !!!!

If they want to do a ceremony for awards, I'm sure ACE can show up and cause ..err have some fun.

We need ACE shirts that read (below our logo) "pissing off Arizona Corvette clubs since 2004"

Thoughts????

WoW... Just WOW !!!!

We need ACE shirts that read (below our logo) "pissing off Arizona Corvette clubs since 2004"

Thoughts????

I think that's a great idea and I'd order a couple of them and also if they decide to do an awards ceremony, I'll show up to just to boost our numbers to add a little fuel to the fire.

Here is the website for the UOCC: http://www.uocc.org/home.html

They won a couple of awards at the show. I know at least one of them and they pride themselves for having no dues, no officers, no regular meetings, etc. Sound familiar? The main difference between them and ACE is they only communicate thru their website and email. But they are a little more organized then we are. Look at their website to learn more.

My question is, how did Prescott Vette Sette treat them; as a "Club" or a "Non-club"? "UOCC" stands for the Unofficial Corvette Club. Several of them come to C&C and I'm sure many of them are also on ACE. It seems the line between what is a "club" and what is a "non-club" is a little fuzzy!

I don't have a problem with what Prescott Vette Sette did concerning the participation awards. Their job is to get as many vettes at the show as they can to raise money for the charity of their choice. If doing it this way kept Fast Glass and other "clubs" happy so they would come, good for them. Also remember, not every member in these real "clubs" feel or act the same. Its only a few of them that cause this type of problem. I still have many friends in Fast Glass, for example, that couldn't care less about a participation award. They just love their cars and enjoy doing things with them. In every group you will find troublemakers (ours is Chad :laughing gut bustin: ) and it is those people that drive many of us out of the "clubs" and into ACE. But we shouldn't take it out on everyone in the "club" just because of them. Remember, many of their members are also ACEholes.

For what it's worth, I think doing anything as a result of the way Prescott Vette Sette handled the participation awards is a mistake. Doing "something" is exactly what the "clubs" did after last year's awards. It is that type of action that drove many of us out of the "clubs" and into ACE. Who cares if Fast Glass gets an award? We, and everyone else, know that ACE was the biggest supporter for the show and it is that support that matters, nothing else!!

Alright Dawg, I will STFU.