Big Hole in the Ground Cruise July 26th cancelled

Extender32

Tomorrow marks 2 weeks prior to the cruise and the Meteor Crater required 1/2 payment 2 weeks in advance for group rates. Since I can't seem to get a postive headcount nor does there seem to be enough interest, and at last count there were only 5 Aceholes that said they were in, I am cancelling the cruise. I would have thought with 2 1/2 months heads up, there would have been more interest.

Sorry I could not commit to this. I was interested. Thanks for putting out the effort.

VenomOnWheels

That sucks big time. Christine & I were really looking forward to this event: a nice mix of cruising, sight-seeing, & dining. Very similar to one of the most enjoyable one-day cruises we ever took with the Viper Club - driving scenic back roads, touring a national monument, and dining at a small town restaurant favorite.

I'm curious why 5 vehicles weren't enough?

We were looking forward to this cruise too; however, I needed a postive confirmation by Sat to get a group rate discount and even though you said yes earlier, I wanted to make sure before I paid 1/2 up front and then took it in the shorts because not everyone showed. I was also hoping for more than just 5 or 6 cars as there was a 2 months heads up notice on the cruise. Maybe we can try again this fall.

I have not dog in this hunt, my weekends this month are previously committed (as it seems are many with others with other events). Is the $$ difference really that huge to not do this without the group discount? I mean......well.....not to be an ass but we all drive semi-expensive sport cars. I'd think the difference in the entry price still wouldn't be enough to kill it because its just a few dollars difference and most folks here that want to go could afford it.

Not trying to start a peeing match, just an observation

I have not dog in this hunt, my weekends this month are previously committed (as it seems are many with others with other events). Is the $$ difference really that huge to not do this without the group discount? I mean......well.....not to be an ass but we all drive semi-expensive sport cars. I'd think the difference in the entry price still wouldn't be enough to kill it because its just a few dollars difference and most folks here that want to go could afford it.

:agree If I could go, I'd never let a $5 difference in cost or the size of the group deter the plan.

Even though I've been there a couple of times and have other priorities this summer, I'd hate to miss watching Marco fly the copter down into the hole. Maybe he'd video that and we'd all get to see it from a different perspective.

BTW, every ACE event I've ever attended had last minute additions or no-shows.

wickedfastvette

:withstupid

This is why I don't group for the rooms for the Laughlin Run... $5 can lead to many headaches for the requestor of a group.....just sayin