Anyone, Bassani exhaust tips?

Guest badbobs95

Guest badbobs95

I am considering buying an almost new Bassani exhaust but I have never heard one. Does anyone here have one on their C5 that could give me a little input on sound? Mucho gracious!!

I believe Mr. Bigfeets used to have them way back as I recall, pretty sure he sports Bullets these days

Bob;

Do a search for "bassani exhaust on a c5", and you'll get PLENTY of sound examples, buddy!

Good Luck!!

Which model did you get Bob? I was looking at Bassani a few times myself.

I only find 5 hits, at best, for bassani catback c5 sound samples. And 1 bassani style is the central muffler that I really can't find a sound sample.

What are you taking off ???? I know you told me at one time .... but you know how the mind works ..... :blur:

looking a little more noise back there myownself ..... :snky:

jandmenter

Bob.. Put both your lips together and blow..That's the sound of hot air!

Guest badbobs95

What are you taking off ???? I know you told me at one time .... but you know how the mind works ..... :blur:

looking a little more noise back there myownself ..... :snky:

I have a Corsa now. It's hard to explain but I get a strange sound at idle that might be caused by the long tubes, no cats, and x-pipe. :facepalm: I won,t know until I put these on Monday. The Corsas do sound like a dragster when you nail it though. I'll be selling one of them Tuesday! :at wits end: Don't need two.

Well let me know what you need for em .... just may take em off your hands .....

Guest badbobs95

Which model did you get Bob? I was looking at Bassani a few times myself.

I only find 5 hits, at best, for bassani catback c5 sound samples. And 1 bassani style is the central muffler that I really can't find a sound sample.

4 - 4 inch tip all stainless. The problem I have with sound bits on my computer is I have 5 speakers and a sub and they ALL sound great! As you know with each application, they will sound different. Even if you have Kooks long tubes and I have LG long tubes, they can still sound different. The Borla and SLP tend to droan more but some people like that. I figure if I buy nice used sets, I can always sell the one I don't like.

Hal, I'll let you know which one I choose. I only paid $550 for these and about the same for the Corsas so either way, it's a good deal.

Guest badbobs95

Bob.. Put both your lips together and blow..That's the sound of hot air!

You are mean! Anyway, you're helping me put them on, so there! :bannana4: :tontopallus:

A BIG Shout Out to Bad Bob for working with me to get a better sound out of our OEM 02 Roadster ..... The Corsa's sound great ... and get real ugly in the upper registry ... :rockon2::rockon2:

and it only took us 1 Beer to geter done !!! :cheers

Thank you Bob !!!! (( and Bruce at Corvette Performance for use of the shed & lift ... finally got to use my membership benefits)) :yeah:

I did have them a while back. Traded for the Bullits as I wanted something louder. Kinda wish I had them back at times.

Well then, yins did something wrong!!! LOL

Corsa... :rockon2:

Guest badbobs95

OK, fellow exhaust lovers, the Bassani has a much deeper tone at idle, has a drone at 45 when in 4th (too low RPMs) and sounds mean when nailed. Adam heard them yesterday and said they never sounded that good on his car. Unless you start out 100% stock, each application will be different. I loved the Corsa Extreme except sounded weird at idle because of the long tubes, no cats, and X-pipe I believe. Anyway, now we're all happy. and always remember my favorite saying, I NEVER SAID I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING! :wacked:

• 1 month later...

I NEVER SAID I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING

NO SURPRISE HERE. NONE OF US EVER THOUGHT THAT YOU DID!

Chazzle Dazzle

Well then, yins did something wrong!!! LOL

Corsa... :rockon2:

X2 for Corsa!

Guest badbobs95

I fooled all of ya!! Basanni's gone and ended up with a Magnaflow. What the hell? Sounds great, some droan but not bad. I'm finally happy! You don't believe that do ya? :wtf: New tunes, new exhaust, and new wheels. It's like having a new car every week. Now if I could just find a new back. I'm never satisfied. :at wits end: Oh ya, Marky Mark (Grape Ape) came over and fixed my rocking seats. I was too busy buying shit to do it myself. :bannana4:

Good on ya Mark. Way to help out the old man! With that being such a prevalent problem, that would be a nice Corvette Saturday how to, once the weather gets nicer.

Guest badbobs95

Good on ya Mark. Way to help out the old man! With that being such a prevalent problem, that would be a nice Corvette Saturday how to, once the weather gets nicer.

He takes good care of the ol'man. :skull: Those airline mechanics love to take stuff apart, ya know?