We've added whole car insulation to the list!

Guest badbobs95

Guest badbobs95

Here's some pics of John's C5 FRC. We're doing Buzz next. Takes 88 sq ft! WOW, who da thunk?

This stuff greatly insulates your cabin from heat and noise and makes your stereo sound way better. Takes about 8 hours and we do the doors also. We even put the carpet back in! Can be done at Corvette Performance Arizona or at John's house in Chandler.

All for $400 for ACE-holes. This price is for Corvettes, not Suburbans.

soundproofing%20011.JPG?mode=crop&boundisoundproofing%20018.JPG?mode=crop&boundisoundproofing%20021.JPG?mode=crop&boundisoundproofing%20015%20-%20Copy.JPG?mode=

MidNiteFury01

I don't mind driving, anytime in the Vette is good time. So does the 88sqft & $400 include Coupes too? The Coupes have a little more in da' back end to cover than the FRC's & ZO6's. How much weight does it add? Sounds promising though...

Guest badbobs95

I don't mind driving, anytime in the Vette is good time. So does the 88sqft & $400 include Coupes too? The Coupes have a little more in da' back end to cover than the FRC's & ZO6's. How much weight does it add? Sounds promising though...

It does add about 30 pounds to the car. But well worth it if you want the heat and the noise outside and not in. Each order is 100 sq ft so any extra goes in the rear end for added benefit. :boobies:

Sorry Bob it's 30Lbs equals 100sf. Really good stuff..My car is in the picture if you want to drive she before you buy!

Guest badbobs95

I ordered from Noise Control Mat and John ordered his from a different company and they were the same! The name brand of the material is DynoMat. We used all 100 sq ft on my car at 50 ml thick. They also make a 70 ml but that stuff is over-kill in my opinion. I was wrong, the roll tipped in at 30 lbs so about the weight of a case of beer!!! We did my car yesterday. My problem was mainly the road noise, not the exhaust and my right leg was burning up all the time. When I got home from John's yesterday, the carpet by my leg was actually cool!

:boobies:

Guest badbobs95

Dynomat or Dynamat ???

Just reading teh reviews..

I never said I knew how to spell, the material is identical to Dynamat. Dynomat is what dinosaurs sleep on at night! Silly! :boobies:

Guest badbobs95

One more thing, after sampling different brands, I believe they are pretty much the same stuff. They range from 37 ml thickness to 70 ml thickness. The Dynamat brand is not worth the price difference. $4 per sq ft! I also think I had a major heat problem from my long tube headers. This job is not for the faint of heart. It took over 13 hours of labor to complete my car, 6.5 hours each and we never took a break and John knew exactly what we were doing. He's smart like that. I just do what I'm told. :wife::wife:

I "offered" to be the next guinea pig :twitch:, but Bob just crawled over in the corner and started licking his paw & whining! :ack:

At least I THOUGHT that was his paw!!?? :rolf :rolf

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.