Upgrade C5 Head Light Beam

ebalentine

ebalentine

I want to upgrade my C5 candle light head lights to a brighter light. Can anyone recommend what I should do? I just want brighter headlights. Do I just replace the bulbs with 100watt bulbs or upgrade to Xenon headlights?

The one thing I miss on my old 2011 Grand Sport is the bright headlights, now with my C5 it like driving with no head lights.

joe@cpr.com

I have depo projector headlight housings in my c5 with hid's and it's absolutely perfect. Great cutoff for the light and very clear.

joe@cpr.com

The problem is the poor design of the stock housing and reflector. Changing the bulbs will give you more light and glare to oncoming drivers. But the pattern and light projection won't really improve. There are ACA HID projector replacements that are about as good as you can do on the C5.

I have a limited production HID kit from a guy on the big board that works well, but I wouldn't really recommend them. The cost per benefit is poor.

I swapped to Sylvania's. You won't notice a difference up close (like projecting against a garage door) but it is a whiter white (Higher K value?) and you really see more across the width of the road and up the road. Cheap switch out and well worth the bucks. BUT expect to change bulbs yearly if you do a lot of night driving or have them on "auto on" and they switch on when you first fire up in the garage

Desertdawg

If you spot the John Deere bulb idea, don't do it. I tried and while brighter they were very scattered and had less distance ...

• 2 weeks later...

Earl, the question is...how much do you want to spend?

• 2 months later...

I have the Pop Up Projector upgrades with HID's. After trying a few others I have to say this was the best upgrade under 200 I made in terms of lighting.