Tree Sap, so much Tree Sap

MidNiteFury01

MidNiteFury01

so with limited spots at the hotel, I had to park under a tree, a Palo Verde tree to be exact. The next morning I looked at the car & saw tiny little bubbles on the paint which turned out to be tree sap. I have some clay bars & elbow grease... Anyone have any other suggestions on how to remove it? I also some rubbing compound (mild stuff here) and polishing compound...

Start with a good soap and water washing. You may want to use a dish soap, since you're going to have to wax afterward anyway. Then clay bar. Be thorough and gentle. Take your time. It should come off. Make sure you folks it over often when it gets dirty. Finish of with your protectant of choice.

MidNiteFury01

Start with a good soap and water washing. You may want to use a dish soap, since you're going to have to wax afterward anyway. Then clay bar. Be thorough and gentle. Take your time. It should come off. Make sure you folks it over often when it gets dirty. Finish of with your protectant of choice.

Since I have absolutely no skill at detailing... do you recommend a particular dish soap? I suspect name brand is better than private label. I was thinking Dawn...

Get the car in the shade and thoroughly suds it up with a car wash soap and you'd be amazed how much sap might just come off without even a clay. Run your hand over it and see if any residue remains.

MidNiteFury01

Dawn all teh way....

Get the car in the shade and thoroughly suds it up with a car wash soap and you'd be amazed how much sap might just come off without even a clay. Run your hand over it and see if any residue remains.

:coool: Thanks for the help!!!!