Godzilla

Azmotorhead

Skip my post if you have not seen the movie and want to, it gives some strong hints you may get upset about.

I really felt like the only character you connected with died 1/3 of the way into the movie. The Kid and his family didn't really have the depth to make me care.

Godzilla and others now that was great.

I was really disappointed because the acting just seemed to be missing the emotion and depth it needed. The monsters were great and I enjoyed them.

Plus the whole idea of, Let's hit it with a bigger atom bomb, it didn't work last time and this time we know they eat radiation but let's just do it anyway!

Then the whole boat and explosion away from the coast was another mystery.

Azmotorhead

Skip this post too if you're going to throw money away, I mean go see this waste of time.

Their idea of hitting it with a bigger bomb was not to kill the 2 Katydid looking things but to attract all the monsters to 1 place so Godzilla (the Alpha Predator)

could kill the Cockroach/Katydid monsters.

Brian Cranston died early in the movie cuz he knew how bad it was going to be.

No BOC soundtrack

2011-08-22_14-22-49_177_zps8acrzlvb.jpg

But here is the problem, those bombs have a lot of shielding so the bug's detecting it is not likely.

They were going to detonate them

Yes but until they did how would they use them to lour the bugs when they are basically metal cases to the bugs not radiation sources.

Not to mention yet again the bomb going off outside of California and no one is trying to evacuate they are just hanging out.

Azmotorhead

It's California. If I had the power I'd nuke it Like right now!!

The bugs seemed to be able to find radioactive material no matter what. Hence why one of them ate the train & stole the nukes

But left the other nuke.

It went after a power plant before, waste after that, I doubt a nuke that could sit next to all of us in a room for years and not cause any damage would draw it's attention next to all the other options it had to choose from.

You do realize you're debating the scientific veracity of a Hollywood monster movie?

You do realize you're debating the scientific veracity of a Hollywood monster movie?

^^^THIS^^^ Awesome!

Drewster67

It all depends on what you're into -

I saw it Sunday and I thought to myself ... more fight scenes and less talking/drama ....

Each to their own .. IMO it was OK - definitely not great