Need upholstery fix...suggestions?

HarleyPat

So just heard a rip and there is now a tear in the drivers seat at a seam. ( I knew I had gained weight but this is ridiculous ). Any suggestions on where I can get this fixed before it gets bigger? ....the tear not my stomach!

Quality Upholstery 15001 N Cave Creek Rd. The dealer sent my 06 there under warranty when the bolster ripped. It came back you couldn't tell it from new. Not sure but I think Ed said Coulter uses them too

I too am looking around to have some custom seat work done.

Ted Y has had several jobs done at Bell Auto Upholstery http://bellautoupholstery.com.

I just talked with then the other day and got a good 'vibe' from them.

However they are slammed with the boating season right now.

my suggestion;

have the fix repaired and add suede micro fiber or a secondary color to the center area. it will be cheap (say $200-ish a seat) and make your car different.

joe@cpr.com

There is an upholstery shop in my complex hat we have used for a lot of projects. Urbina upholstery. Very good and top quality work.

Drewster67

Same thing happened to my Z - the drivers seat bolster split.

I took my vette to Vegas Kustom Interiors in Chandler and he pulled the seat cover off - replaced the ripped material with new stock - sewed it back together and re-installed the seat cover for 50.00

I only used him once and I was satisfied with the work.

He does work out of his house in Chandler

480-526-5321

YMMV

Thanks guys...I'll check these out. Good suggestion Chad...I've already got some ideas about color.

Most seat problems are the result of the ingress/egress method. The "butt first plop" then "sit 'n spin" method will kill seats the quickest.

That's what ripped my seat Tom I'm sure...noticed I push with my elbow on the seat when I'm getting out....hmmmm...Lamborghini doors with swivel seats?

I get in the habit of using my door sill to push up and down with. I learned after TeAring my bolster.

MidNiteFury01

Looking for upholstery shop on the West side, I'm in Goodyear

Chiefd

Hello Chiefd, I'm in Goodyear too! Actually Centera. Nice to see another west-sider on the forum! I need to call the folks above to get a headliner fixed.

I'm also on the west side in Buckeye (Verrado). Everything seems to be on the east side...we really need to get together and find stuff on this side of the valley! :usa:

Celebrate Memorial Day by Remembering our Veterans and those serving now!

MidNiteFury01

I'm also on the west side in Buckeye (Verrado). Everything seems to be on the east side...we really need to get together and find stuff on this side of the valley! :usa:

Celebrate Memorial Day by Remembering our Veterans and those serving now!

:agree There has to be reputable shops on this side that do quality work from tires & alignments to upholstery & serious engine work. I think Extender32 has a few options for us west siders.