C6 recall for headlamps

Kahuna1

RECALL #2: 2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvette

This recall of 111,889 U.S. vehicles is meant to fix a serious problem with the low-beam headlights. GM says that "When the engine is warm, the underhood electrical center housing could expand, causing the headlamp low-beam relay control circuit wire to bend slightly." Over time, the circuit wire can break, disabling the low-beam headlights.

This problem appears to affect Corvettes from the 2008-2013 model years, too, though GM says that those vehicles will be repaired via a Customer Satisfaction Program, rather than a full-fledged recall. As with recall #1, GM hasn't specified how it will fix the problem.

C4s Rule!!!!

C4's with a C6 engine....

Not a stock C6 engine!!

Desertdawg

Larry, if your going to tell us your sealed GM motor with off the shelf GM parts is not a stock motor, then you can't call your car a C4 anymore.

Adding all the parts up I think your at about C5.1... :toetap

Desertdawg

I can change your screen name to show this new revelation...

C5.1arse ???. :bolt:

Larry, if your going to tell us your sealed GM motor with off the shelf GM parts is not a stock motor, then you can't call your car a C4 anymore.

Adding all the parts up I think your at about C5.1... :toetap

I guess I'm confused. :crazy: Are you saying that anyone who installs any parts from GMPP still has a stock engine? I thought "stock" meant "the way it came from the factory" and no C6 was ever produced with the LS376/480 that is now in C4orce2. If you are right my "resto mod" is really a "resto stock" and you may have created a whole new category of cars!!!! :laughing gut bustin:

Desertdawg

Well If I was going to order one of those motors I would ask you for the STOCKing number.

When I call GM and tell them I want one because a friend has one in his C4, I would expect the parts guy to laugh his azz off about you sticking that quality C6 part in your C4, then he would tell me if he has any in STOCK...

If I told the GM parts guy I wanted a modified LS376/480, he would ask me what mods I want foe it ????

And your class should be resto-jaloply.

Well If I was going to order one of those motors I would ask you for the STOCKing number.

When I call GM and tell them I want one because a friend has one in his C4, I would expect the parts guy to laugh his azz off about you sticking that quality C6 part in your C4, then he would tell me if he has any in STOCK...

If I told the GM parts guy I wanted a modified LS376/480, he would ask me what mods I want foe it ????

And your class should be resto-jaloply.

:lol resto-jalopy.

Well let us know if you hear anything Ed... :thumbs

will do

Yes yes, nothing to see here Mr. Stealership :lol Avert your eyes everyone!

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2014/May/0514-five-recalls.html

OK, I'll rephrase it.......No Documents as of yet from GM as to what VIN's are involved. You cannot go to a Dealer and say I found info on a recall on my low beams on the internet and I want them fixed. Once GM sends you a letter stating that your car is in fact involved with this recall then an appt can be made to correct the concern. Examples below are Eddies last Vette and current Vette, both of them show no current open recalls.

Vehicle Information VIN: 1G1YW2DW5C5101899 Model: 1YG07-2012 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT COUPE Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: Yes Order Type: 70 - RETAIL - STOCK Field Actions: 0 Open
Required Field Actions Open field actions are highlighted Type Number Original Nbr Description Release Date Status Noncompliance Recall N110258 11258 REAR HATCH SEPARATION IN CRASH 09/30/2011 Closed

Vehicle Information VIN: 1G1YY26W695102138 Model: 1YY07-2009 CORVETTE COUPE Service Contract: No Branded Title: No Warranty Block: No PDI Status: No Order Type: 70 - RETAIL - STOCK Field Actions: 0 Open
Required Field Actions Open field actions are highlighted Vehicle has no current record of required field actions.

So if I call Jegs and tell them I want a part and the sales rep asks if I know what the STOCKING number is, using your reasoning simply because it has a STOCKING number would make that part a "stock" part as well. By the way, I sent GMPP a message about a year ago and asked them if they were interested in the build. They did respond the next day (I guess after they were done laughing their azzs off) and said they would like me to write up the entire process my builder used in the build. I didn't do that since I don't have the technical know-how needed to write it up. So I may have a "resto jalopy", but at least it is a unique "resto jalopy" and that was what I wanted! :laughing gut bustin:

So to wrap up this boring debate, I guess you and I will just have to agree to disagree (just like our preferred colors for vettes). Unless you can show me 1 C6 that came out of the factory with a LS376/480 under the hood, I will always contend that the LS376/480 is not a stock C6 engine.

Desertdawg

You should have asked for help with the GMPP article, I'm a freaking mathwiz when it comes to putting pen to paper.

For example:

Step one, take Larry's money

Step two, drink beer bought with Larry's money

Step three, there is no step three

Step four, install an awesome, LS376/480 into Larry's jalopy

Step five, tell Larry to give you more money

Step six, see step two

Step eight, tell Larry there;s a problem

Step nine, Larry's money, drink beer, Larry's money, drink beer, Larry's money, drink beer, Larry's money, drink beer,

Step ... where were we again ?

Step 163, watch Larry drive away, close shop, weld door closed and move to Istanbul !

hOw about you guys that told me don't buy the first year out c7? Sounds like c6'S have bugs too

You should have asked for help with the GMPP article, I'm a freaking mathwiz when it comes to putting pen to paper.

For example:

Step one, take Larry's money

Step two, drink beer bought with Larry's money

Step three, there is no step three

Step four, install an awesome, LS376/480 into Larry's jalopy

Step five, tell Larry to give you more money

Step six, see step two

Step eight, tell Larry there;s a problem

Step nine, Larry's money, drink beer, Larry's money, drink beer, Larry's money, drink beer, Larry's money, drink beer,

Step ... where were we again ?

Step 163, watch Larry drive away, close shop, weld door closed and move to Istanbul !

Correct up to Step 163. That should read "die of cancer, wife close shop and put shop into bankruptcy".

Desertdawg

I didn't go there, not out of disrespect, just didn't want to be that dramatic.

I appreciate that Dawg. Kim Madsen with Corvette Restoration AZ (the main builder), Alan Colvin (Kim's best friend and the former editor of Corvette Fever and the guy who started Project C4orce) and Wes Burch (the man who designed all the electronics on the build) all wanted my car to be the second car in Project C4orce. That's why we decided to call it "C4orce2" (Kim actually had C4orce1 in his shop). They wanted to take C4orce1 and C4orce2 to SEMA and other national shows to show that modern LS engines can be put into C4s. But before the build was done Corvette Fever went out of publication and shortly after the build was completed Kim died. I decided to keep calling it C4orce2 to honor their plans and the work they all did.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!! Now let's get back to making fun of the C6s and their headlights!!! :laughing gut bustin:

I think the point is that is not a stock C6 motor but it is a stock GM motor.

Engines are stock until you mod it. Chicken stock is for soup. Wooden stocks hold witches until the burning. Woodstock is a place millions claimed to have been, but those who were really there still can't recall it all. Pure Stock was a NHRA class in the 70's along with Stock Eliminator. Super stocks are really large cows.

I don't take much stock in the headlight recall until I get a notice in the mail.

70C3BumbleBee

I can change your screen name to show this new revelation...

C5.1arse ???. :bolt:

I notice that you threatened this before. Is you Admin status going to your head? Are you looking to chase people away from this forum and ACE? Bashing other peoples cars? Go ahead - change my avatar...