PROPOSED Monthly Gathering for ACE members

aenigma

Desertdawg

. Dawg, come'on man, you HAVE TO GET RID OF THE BEAV's.

Better ???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aenigma

• Eddie44

• wickedfastvette

• Chameleon

Here's the one you need to change it to. That'll get Marc pissed off and back on this site.

post-2008-0-50614600-1399925611_thumb.jp

Ok I just texted Marc that you shamefully put him on my avatar. Hahaha

Just stirring up trouble one day at a time :)

Much better. Actually anything would have been better. Now I can log in without seeing that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what's the deal? It's best if you just pick a place and post it up. If people are off and want to come, they will. The Rudy's on Litchfield is open now and it's great. They even serve breakfast. The brisket and egg soft tacos are amazing. I don't care about driving. I like to drive. We could do a meet in Prescott and I would roll out if I have the day off. Or Payson. Or Wickenburg. Or Bagdad. Lots of nom worthy food all over.

Well.......the purpose of a monthly meeting place was to give some stability to people knowing where and when to show up. Same place, same time, never changes.

The general consensus was that members want a different place every month. Which is what's already being done now.

If it was the same place and time every month but in addition to the fun luncheons that are scheduled, it would have complimented the group events instead of replacing an activity already going on.

It would be fairly easy to find a place and time and stick to it but I don't want to be seeking out a new place every month.

So I think the idea is dead.

Personally I think we have enough members that we could do a permanent monthly event (evidence Tues and Thurs lunches) and still do a varied event as the urge hits folks.

Personally I think we have enough members that we could do a permanent monthly event (evidence Tues and Thurs lunches) and still do a varied event as the urge hits folks.

I thought so too.

We just need to find a place that isn't in Queen Creek or Avondale and plan it. If it's not taking off after 3-4 months the we scrap the idea.

The Tuesday Geezer lunch was started about 3 years ago by a few Mopar guys. When John bailed on his Mopar and came over to the darkside in a Vette, he invited other Vette guys too. That was nearly 2 years ago. There is a core group of about 6 members, plus RR Bob during the cooler months, that show up every week. Several others have joined in for a time and anyone is always welcome. We also hang out at either the 67th ave/Bell rd or the 83rd ave/Lake Pleasant pkwy car shows on Sat nights and stop by the Black Bear Diner on Bell road after for a bite or dessert.

Around the time Bob comes down from the mountain, we will be doing an occasional Thursday tour to various places to see automotive stuff and follow it with a lunch nearby. We did a tour of the Penske museum and the Hall of Flame in the Spring. I'll post up the next tours and anyone can join us. Bob won't be back for a couple months, so don't expect anything real soon.

We just need to find a place that isn't in Queen Creek or Avondale and plan it. If it's not taking off after 3-4 months the we scrap the idea.

That's funny ....not queen creek or Avondale.

What about north Scottsdale? Like up around the 202 bend?

MidNiteFury01

Do you mean the 101 bend in North Scottsdale? 202 is south Scottsdale, and to them that's akin to Maryvalle for us west-siders. What about north of Camelback, south of Thunderbird, and nearly anything east of the I-17, but west of Scottsdale? Or maybe a quarterly location; Glendale/Peoria, Scottsdale, North Phoenix, East Valley?

Make it easy. Let's just go to Durant's in central Phoenix.

Seriously though, Central Phoenix. That would be almost 60 miles for me and I'm good with that. You won't be able to please everybody. :)

Culinary Dropout is good on 7th Street. http://culinarydropout.com/

Have you ever been there? Food is good but it's crowded and parking is a nightmare. I can't imagine the response we'd get if we asked for a reservation for 30-40 people with separate checks.

That will be the nightmare of find somewhere in central Phx. Parking will suck and they won't be able to accommodate the size group we'll have.

old yeller

We could always find a Cracker Barrell. They are big with a lot of parking.

We could always find a Cracker Barrell. They are big with a lot of parking.

I could OD on their hashbrown casserole.

Moral of the story. Nobody will agree to anything and will debate it to death. Pick a place Mo. I'll show up if I have the day off even if it's 100 miles away.

old yeller

I will be in also Mo. Anytime after the 4th of July.....

Jon's correct Mo. You can never make everyone happy. I've driven to all corners of the valley. Hey, it's seat time in the Vette!

I pitch tents in a light breeze. Great idea, I need to catch up on the haps with the chaps.