PROPOSED Monthly Gathering for ACE members

aenigma

BTW.....Hey Mo...nice tag line!

I guess it would be hard for one of you gal types! :smilelol

:wtf:

Seriously...? Expand your thought process Donna! Use your dark side!

Okay, you asked for it . . . :nutkick::flamer::neener_neener:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aenigma

• Eddie44

• wickedfastvette

• Chameleon

I do think Sunday afternoon would be the perfect time however.

Guess you're not much of a Nascar fan...eeh?

Sunday is racing day!

Great idea! I didn't read through every post, so this may have already been mentioned... The Monastery in Mesa is a good place for somethin like this. It's huge & you BBQ your own food tht you buy from them. The grills are always runnin, so no delay. Lots of stuff to do, like horeshoes or volleyball & multiple bars. Kids have lotsa fun too! Just not a convienient location for some. It's by Falcon field.

Seriously... Falcon field is about as centrally located for some people as Gilabend-over!

BTW.....Hey Mo...nice tag line!

I guess pitching a tent would be hard for one of you gal types! :smilelol

(Edited for Donna)

I don't get it either.......splain!

Guest racingchester

I have been to dinner with some car guys and they meet every Thursday night. They have at least 8 restaurants they rotate around. They are all north of Glendale Ave. But just an idea. Not saying it would have to be an evening thing during the week!

Extender32

Friday and Sat nites work best for me and Julie. We don't mind driving but rush hour traffic would be a bitch on Fridays. We once had an ACE lunch at Bobby Q's on I-17 and Dunlop if I'm not mistaken and the food was pretty good. All I ask is NO SEAFOOD! just my $.02.

I have been to dinner with some car guys and they meet every Thursday night. They have at least 8 restaurants they rotate around. They are all north of Glendale Ave. But just an idea. Not saying it would have to be an evening thing during the week!

Hanging out with all of you EVERY week? Ugh no way. HAHAHAHA

Personally, I would prefer a Sunday event. I live in Surprise - just sayin' cause there ARE some of us on the "west side" as well.

For food & parking there are several "Dillon's Restaraunt's around - one out at Lake Pleasant & one at the Wildlife Park, plus others around town. Also, there is an "Abuelo's" Mexican place at the 101W and Bell Rd.

I'm just thinking of places that I'm familiar with and I understand there are other Abuelo's locations(?) around town.

Like almost everyone else I think the "rotating locations" is a good idea so that we have variety and a chance to get the Vette out and smoke 'dem tires!!

It seems to me that we are (as a group) very flexible and will gladly support each other in making the trip to wherever good food, good friends, and Corvettes are located!!!

:work::circle:

The Biebs says keep em coming. Great ideas everyone! I have prom and graduation parties to plan this week so in a week, I'll put everyone's suggestions together and see if we can streamline a bit to make a plan. Please keep the suggestions coming. It would be nice to hear from a bunch of members so most or all can be accommodated to bring this idea to fruition.

wickedfastvette

May I suggest an alternating east side then west side place?

How about North and South?

May I suggest an alternating east side then west side place?

How about North and South?

Lol!

orangepeal

There is about 20 corvettes I hangout with here in San tan valley..there interested in hooking up for a ride some time...usually we just hang out at my house and BBQ..swim shoot pool go quading..but some of the neighbors are. Complaining saying my drive way looks like a corvette dealership on the weekends..somebody get me some cards and I could bring them out...

post-2607-0-87572700-1399872676_thumb.jp

MidNiteFury01

My :2cents is please no 'chain' restaurants like Crapplebee's, Denny's, etc. I live in Goodyear, but I don't mind to travel. I really like the idea of moving the events around to various parts of the Valley. I sure do like this idea you got going on here...

As far as a central location to find events on the forum... i've pitched this before; tying whatever event directly to the Calendar. I don't think it should be an admin doing all this work, but the one who posts the event. Its really easy, and that way, for ex., if I have free time on a particular day and want to hang out with my ACE buddies - I can easily see whats going on the day I'm available.

How about contacting one of the restaurants with several locations around the valley about a rotating meeting at each different one each month, maybe a Marie calendars or ???

Think about it Dwayne. :smilelol

How about contacting one of the restaurants with several locations around the valley about a rotating meeting at each different one each month, maybe a Marie calendars or ???

post-19-0-21036200-1399904451_thumb.jpg

Mo,

You're getting a lot of suggestions, which is great. But, you'll never please everyone with a perfect solution. I think you should set up whatever makes the most sense to you. People will show up when and where they can.

Ted

Desertdawg

I didn't know they had closed, whats the other pie place?

I didn't know they had closed, whats the other pie place?

Village Inn, at least here in Tucsonia

Mo,

You're getting a lot of suggestions, which is great. But, you'll never please everyone with a perfect solution. I think you should set up whatever makes the most sense to you. People will show up when and where they can.

Ted

I agree. I'm hoping to get as many suggestions as possible and then average it out to please as many as possible.

Desertdawg

Villsge Inn ... ack!!!

I was thinking of Cheese Cake Factory (cheese cake = pie)

Villsge Inn ... ack!!!

Just sayin....

Villsge Inn ... ack!!!

Omg that would be the bomb. The best. I love that place. And since they're in malls, parking won't be bad but we can't cordon off parking sections though.

The one at Chandler Mall accomodated a large group of us probably four years ago.

Extender32

Stay away form the Cheesecake Factory at Bell and 83rd ave as that place is always swamped and parking is somewhat limited. Julie would be all over it as that's her favorite eat em' up joint.

I have nothing to add to this except I work weekends so I probably won't be able to attend and the Cheesecake Factory is a pretty good idea.. But I just can't keep my trap shut any longer. Dawg, come'on man, you HAVE TO GET RID OF THE BEAV's. Just can't really stand to look at Monique's picture anymore. Nothin' against Monique though, unless you really look like that now....28.gif

Yes the Beibs is wearing at me too. But check this out. I come from the Love of Beib family. These are my girls with him and yes, he IS that short and yes it's really the Beibs. My tall daughter was 5'3" at the time. Lol

So I don't totally mind seeing the little guy. Dawg has failed miserably once again at annoying me :)

post-2008-0-93535200-1399924866.jpg