PROPOSED Monthly Gathering for ACE members

aenigma

Hey all, I'd like to put together a monthly meeting-dinner or lunch get together for members of ACE. I think it would be a great idea to have a set location (same location) and set day every month. I think it will help because we will know where to go and when, plus get info on the month's outings while there.

If you'd like to see something like this, please respond with how far you're willing to drive and which day (ie Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday day etc). Also, what kind of place would you consider? I'm personally thinking something fun and casual.

Weekends are preferable. I can make just about any night but some of us have little ones and no time during the week so we'd want to make sure as many as possible are included.

I don't mind driving a ways, put vette and outing in the same sentence and it's expected.

I believe it will also help with new members. We will be able to give them a definitive time and date to meet everyone instead of trying to navigate the site and feel intimidated about showing up to a big road event.

Please comment away!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aenigma

• Eddie44

• wickedfastvette

• Chameleon

I'm a new member and I think it's a great idea. Sunday lunch would be good, so people attending church services in th A.M. could come. I live in the far east valley and others live in Phoenix. Somewhere in the middle would be good for a meeting place. Toby Kieths restaurant near Bass pro off the 202 fwy and 10fwy might work. Or another place in that area.

wickedfastvette

Well some of us live in Prescott, Flagstaff and Wickenburg so I think the middle should be North Phoenix LOL

I'm a new member and I think it's a great idea. Sunday lunch would be good, so people attending church services in th A.M. could come. I live in the far east valley and others live in Phoenix. Somewhere in the middle would be good for a meeting place. Toby Kieths restaurant near Bass pro off the 202 fwy and 10fwy might work. Or another place in that area.

Awesome thanks!

Well some of us live in Prescott, Flagstaff and Wickenburg so I think the middle should be North Phoenix LOL

Noted! Would you come this far once a month?

wickedfastvette

I will, I used to help put on a weekly get together down there.

I would even go so far as to have the list of events planned by ACE or in the works to hand out to help promote.

wickedfastvette

I would even go so far as to have the list of events planned by ACE or in the works to hand out to help promote.

What do you mean by hand out?

Guest badbobs95

I'm up for any event anywhere. As long as it doesn't interfere with my eating and drinking! :wacked:

. . . so, here is where the definition of "the middle" gets sticky. :smilelol Bass Pro shops on the 202 is BFE to me. . .

Like maybe a list of ACE events that people don't always see on the site. I think some people like myself miss the events because they haven't logged into ACE to see they're there. My own fault, their own faults, but I think it would make it easier to have something to give everyone of what's coming up for the month (more participation in the ACE events). Everyone gets busy with day to day life so dont look until it's too late or almost too late.

wickedfastvette

Like maybe a list of ACE events that people don't always see on the site. I think some people like myself miss the events because they haven't logged into ACE to see they're there. My own fault, their own faults, but I think it would make it easier to have something to give everyone of what's coming up for the month (more participation in the ACE events). Everyone gets busy with day to day life so dont look until it's too late or almost too late.

The whole idea I think is to get more participation on the ACE forum, how will they know about the lunch or breakfast you are handing out flyers at, if they are not on the forum, it's not that hard to find the events section and look at upcoming events, just seems like flyers would be a pain in the Azz to deal with. But that is just my opinion.

Propose the general areas you'd be interested in and let me average it all out.

Mo, first I'd like to commend you for stepping up! I would suggest you champion this but I would also suggest you ask for volunteers to assist. As you said, you have youngsters at home that occasionally demand attention so you might not be able to make every event.

I would suggest somewhere in central Phx. We have members from the east valley that don't want to drive to Avondale and likewise members from Avondale that won't go to Chandler. Just remember you'll never please everyone.

Once you have a committee together maybe try them out. Ask the staff a few questions like will they do separate checks. Do they have a private room/area.

Also you very well may find that after a period of time folks may get tired of one place or the management can change so always be one step ahead with another place to meet.

wickedfastvette

. . . so, here is where the definition of "the middle" gets sticky. :smilelol Bass Pro shops on the 202 is BFE to me. . .

Mo this is why 1 location does not always work, this is an Arizona forum not just Phoenix so we have people from Tucson, Northern AZ, Yuma and Gilabendover, so really hard to make it fair for everyone if it is in 1 permanent location, I think you are doing a great job trying to get this started but having done it myself, it gets real difficult we ended up doing just a North Phoenix get together and had a good turnout but it was mostly people from North phoenix area.

Mo, I think it is great that you want to help promote coming ACE events! :thumbs

However, sharing on the forum here is what ties us all together. :grphug:

Pending ACE events are always on the forum and that is where ACE members should go to find out what is going on.

Mo this is why 1 location does not always work, this is an Arizona forum not just Phoenix so we have people from Tucson, Northern AZ, Yuma and Gilabendover, so really hard to make it fair for everyone if it is in 1 permanent location, I think you are doing a great job trying to get this started but having done it myself, it gets real difficult we ended up doing just a North Phoenix get together and had a good turnout but it was mostly people from North phoenix area.

Some time back I set up the monthly lunches several months in a row. Although I tried to move the locations to different places around the valley, I actually received complaints about the location of two lunches being "too close together".

With members spread all over (as Cherye points out) the approach of having a different location every month provided more opportunities for different members to participate.

Don't get me wrong, I think your idea is worth trying. Just be aware that you are never going to get a consensus out of this group - and that is part of the charm of ACE.

Mo, first I'd like to commend you for stepping up! I would suggest you champion this but I would also suggest you ask for volunteers to assist. As you said, you have youngsters at home that occasionally demand attention so you might not be able to make every event.

I would suggest somewhere in central Phx. We have members from the east valley that don't want to drive to Avondale and likewise members from Avondale that won't go to Chandler. Just remember you'll never please everyone.

Once you have a committee together maybe try them out. Ask the staff a few questions like will they do separate checks. Do they have a private room/area.

Also you very well may find that after a period of time folks may get tired of one place or the management can change so always be one step ahead with another place to meet.

Oh no I don't! (Sad yet happy). Mine are now 16 and 18 and like their friends better than me.

I was their Girl Scout leader for 5 years, their coach for every sport (yes football included), I've been the volunteer queen. The reason why they beg me to stop volunteering for their current stuff. They have had enough of mom at every event. Lol

I don't see this being hard. What was hard was pitching tents for 15 girls in the middle of nowhere with no running water for 2 days, while keeping them fed and happy and active. I have war wounds and possibly PTSD from those days. Hahaha

Mo, I think it is great that you want to help promote coming ACE events! :thumbs

Pending ACE events are always on the forum and that is where ACE members should go to find out what is going on.

I agree. A summary list maybe? Of these are the events so you'd better log in and get signed up?

Oh no I don't! (Sad yet happy). Mine are now 16 and 18 and like their friends better than me.

I was their Girl Scout leader for 5 years, their coach for every sport (yes football included), I've been the volunteer queen. The reason why they beg me to stop volunteering for their current stuff. They have had enough of mom at every event. Lol

I don't see this being hard. What was hard was pitching tents for 15 girls in the middle of nowhere with no running water for 2 days, while keeping them fed and happy and active. I have war wounds and possibly PTSD from those days. Hahaha

I agree. A summary list maybe? Of these are the events so you'd better log in and get signed up?

Why put work on yourself?

Tell them to get on the forum. If you meet new folks and want to turn them on to ACE, give them an ACE business card. DONE! :P

Desertdawg

If people cry about the distance then we'll just move the event to Ajo, then Jack can walk to it.

If Gila Bend (over-kiss my azz) is attending then central meeting point becomes Goodyear.

How about contacting one of the restaurants with several locations around the valley about a rotating meeting at each different one each month, maybe a Marie calendars or ???

Heck even Rudy's BBQ, there is one Far East side and soon one will be open on litchfield and I-10 in Goodyear. Easy access, open seating an sperate checks....

If people cry about the distance then we'll just move the event to Ajo, then Jack can walk to it.

If Gila Bend (over-kiss my azz) is attending then central meeting point becomes Goodyear.

How about contacting one of the restaurants with several locations around the valley about a rotating meeting at each different one each month, maybe a Marie calendars or ???

Heck even Rudy's BBQ, there is one Far East side and soon one will be open on litchfield and I-10 in Goodyear. Easy access, open seating an sperate checks....

Great way to put it all into perspective for everyone Dawg. Excellent ideas!

Keep them coming!

I don't care where we meet. Once a month I'll even drive to flag Prescott Or yuma.I do think Sunday afternoon would be the perfect time however.

Great idea! I didn't read through every post, so this may have already been mentioned... The Monastery in Mesa is a good place for somethin like this. It's huge & you BBQ your own food tht you buy from them. The grills are always runnin, so no delay. Lots of stuff to do, like horeshoes or volleyball & multiple bars. Kids have lotsa fun too! Just not a convienient location for some. It's by Falcon field.

hd-wingnut

I do think Sunday afternoon would be the perfect time however.

Guess you're not much of a Nascar fan...eeh?

Sunday is racing day!

Great idea! I didn't read through every post, so this may have already been mentioned... The Monastery in Mesa is a good place for somethin like this. It's huge & you BBQ your own food tht you buy from them. The grills are always runnin, so no delay. Lots of stuff to do, like horeshoes or volleyball & multiple bars. Kids have lotsa fun too! Just not a convienient location for some. It's by Falcon field.

Seriously... Falcon field is about as centrally located for some people as Gilabend-over!

BTW.....Hey Mo...nice tag line!

I guess pitching a tent would be hard for one of you gal types! :smilelol

(Edited for Donna)

hd-wingnut

BTW.....Hey Mo...nice tag line!

I guess it would be hard for one of you gal types! :smilelol

:wtf:

Seriously...? Expand your thought process Donna! Use your dark side!