Tucson Corvette SuperBash 2014

MidNiteFury01

MidNiteFury01

Is anyone going to the Tucson Corvette Club SuperBash to be held on May 23rd - 25th?. Information can be directly viewed here; http://www.tucsoncorvetteclub.com/#!superbash-2014/c13ec.

I signed up to compete in the Autocross I & II and Matching Times events bright & early on Saturday (24th) morning.

There are lots of events going on such as Rallyes, Golf, Hospitality, Pool Party, Dinner/Dance, Raffles, Trophies, Car Shows, in addition to the Autocross events going on throughout the weekend. There are also T-Shirts (must pre-order). There is a hotel close to the action for $69 a night.

Just throwing it out there...

Guest badbobs95

Thanks Ben! Silly me, I've never heard of this event before. Looks like a pretty big affair. Especially the pool party. :boobies: Has anyone ever been before?

I'd never heard of it either, maybe that's why I can't get anyone from Tucson to do anything....

moved to the events section .........

Desertdawg

I'd never heard of it either, maybe that's why I can't get anyone from Tucson to do anything....

A bigger Tucson ACE membership would ensure bigger events and more smiles, get out there you slackers and start getting the poor lost souls signed up...

And quit chasing off the active ones, where's pokercop been???

I talk to him from time to time, he's been playing with flying camera's like Marco...

:angel

A bigger Tucson ACE membership would ensure bigger events and more smiles, get out there you slackers and start getting the poor lost souls signed up...

And quit chasing off the active ones, where's pokercop been???

I try....

I signed up to compete in the Autocross I & II and Matching Times events bright & early on Saturday (24th) morning

What is the Matching Times event?

MidNiteFury01

I signed up to compete in the Autocross I & II and Matching Times events bright & early on Saturday (24th) morning

What is the Matching Times event?

I don't know. In short, its another opportunity to run around some cones. I believe the event is to try and match run times as exactly as possible? I've never run anything like that before. Sorry that's not much help.

• 2 weeks later...
MidNiteFury01

Howdy! Had a blast with the folks from the Tucson Corvette Club at the SuperBash event. Apparently this is their 23rd year doing this. Great people, great Vette's, good food & booze. I had an excellent time participating in the Auto-crossing events, improved my times each run, and received allot of tips for better driving, and even more confidence in our Vette and the modifications.

The hotel was a Residence Inn & Suites, for $69.00 a night, it was a great deal & HUGE room.

It seems to be every Memorial Day weekend. So maybe next year a few more folks will join up from ACE.

I wish I would have seen this earlier, it was right across the freeway from me at DM.

MidNiteFury01

I wish I would have seen this earlier, it was right across the freeway from me at DM.

It seems to be an annual event for Tucson Corvette Club, this was their 31st year.

There is also a similar event by Thunder Vet Set on November 2nd & 3rd (Sierra Vista?)... Car Show, Hospitality, Auto-Crossing, Rallye's. I will be there for sure participating with the auto-crossing events. Never been to that part of AZ and I like to auto-cross.