Big Hole in the Ground Cruise Sat July 26th.

Extender32

Extender32

CANCELLED

Ok, There seems to be enough interest to get this going. Planning a cruise up to Meteor Crater east of Flag. The route up will be I-17 and over on 40. The return route can be whatever you want. Let's meet up at the McDonalds on Carefree Hwy and I-17 at 0830 for a 0900 depature, We'll stop in Flag for lunch at Bun Huggers (thanks Eddie) and then over to the crater. That should put us at the craer around 1300 or there abouts, depending how much time is spent eating lunch. If memory serves me correctly, should be plenty of parking and a great spot for a group photo. There is a $16 admission fee per person if I'm not mistaken so please plan accordingly. This will be a long cruise of about 400 miles for some so I would bring a small cooler filled with the beverage of your choice.

There is a group rate discount which drops the entrance fee from $16 to $11 dollars but 1/2 fee needs to be paid by credit card 2 weeks in advance. I have no problem of paying 1/2 up front and collecting the morning of. I will need an accruate head count the week after the July 4th weekend and fill out a online group form so we would have our reservation.

COME ON GUYS, WE NEED MORE ACEHOLES!

Per Venom's suggestion:

"May I suggest we follow-up with an early dinner at Bojo's (or La Posada Turquoise Room for the wealthy amongst us) and then a beautiful cruise home via scenic AZ-87. The the central and west siders can pull out at equally scenic AZ-260."

We can do this.

http://www.meteorcrater.com/Group-Tours

Post up and let's have some fun!

IN

Marco

BadBob +1

Venomonwheels

Ashbobby

Coconut girl X2

CANCELLED

Oooh..this will be awesome. There is also a cliff dwelling indian ruin place near there to see that is incredible.

VenomOnWheels

I trust we'll all go "standin' on the corner in Winslow Arizona" since we'll be so close.

May I suggest we follow-up with an early dinner at Bojo's (or La Posada Turquoise Room for the wealthy amongst us) and then a beautiful cruise home via scenic AZ-87. The the central and west siders can pull out at equally scenic AZ-260.

Desertdawg

intrested if I can get the wifey to stop whining about the distance!

Extender32

Are you saying that Jayme only has a 2 hr a$$? Well, it's an hour or so to the meet point, 2 hrs up to flag and only 30-40 min to the crater. There are 3 opportunities to get out aand stretch the legs a bit. Coming home on the other hand will be much longer of a ride but........C"MON JAYME YOU CAN DO IT!

• 3 weeks later...

Ava and I will make it. Hopefully, C4orce2 will make it all the way also. :bannana4:

If you can talk her into it, you should set up a Gila Bendover meet location. Oh wait, I guess that doesn't make much sense as you are the only ACEhole from Gila Bendover!!! :laughing gut bustin:

Hope you can make it!! :ACE:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there not any more interest in this cruise? If more of you ACEHOLES don't sign up, it won't be worth going with just a couple of cars. C'mon guys let's get to signing up.

I trust we'll all go "standin' on the corner in Winslow Arizona" since we'll be so close.

May I suggest we follow-up with an early dinner at Bojo's (or La Posada Turquoise Room for the wealthy amongst us) and then a beautiful cruise home via scenic AZ-87. The the central and west siders can pull out at equally scenic AZ-260.

I say we do this! It would be an epic picture

coconut girl

My brother and I want to go.

That is two cars 2-4 people.

But we live in Prescott so would meet you out on I-17 and Hwy 169.

Google Map says 13 minutes from I-17 and Carefree Hwy to Hwy 169 but past experience says it will take less that that.

So we could meet you a few minutes after 9:00 if that is your departure time from the McDonalds at I-17 and Carefree Hwy.

No need to stop for us.

We usually sit on the on ramp and wait for the PHX folks to go by and then catch up with you.

Maro how far of a walk is it to the cliff dwelling indian ruin ? I would really like to see that.

My brother and I want to go.

That is two cars 2-4 people.

But we live in Prescott so would meet you out on I-17 and Hwy 169.

Google Map says 13 minutes from I-17 and Carefree Hwy to Hwy 169 but past experience says it will take less that that.

So we could meet you a few minutes after 9:00 if that is your departure time from the McDonalds at I-17 and Carefree Hwy.

No need to stop for us.

We usually sit on the on ramp and wait for the PHX folks to go by and then catch up with you.

Maro how far of a walk is it to the cliff dwelling indian ruin ? I would really like to see that.

No need to stop for us.

Sounds Good, that's the plan to jump off right at 0900.

Extender32

Ok guys, I know it's only the 3rd but I need to get a final head count soon to I can arrange for group discount tickets at Meteor Crater.

VenomOnWheels

Change our count to 2. If Christine can't make the trip I'll pick-up some hitchhiker along the way.

The_Hitchhiker.jpg

OK guys, I need a final headcount so I can arrange for group rates and save you a little on the price of admission. If I don't get a positive, "yes were in" by Sat even for those whom answered previously, we'll forfeit the ticket discount as I am not going to pay for 1/2 in advance to only not have you show.

CANCELLED